Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 05:55 AM   #76
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by CCCC
definition? thats easy.

cars with bad-ass kits and damn loud exaust, but strugle to even do 17 or 18 second quater miles.

in other words, looks the buisness but no balls at all...
I think he hit the nail on the head... Cars that are all show no go... a celica is a good example, nice looking, but slow as a mutha.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:39 AM   #77
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

A homemade sheep in wolf's clothing
Old 03-02-2003, 03:49 PM   #78
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

of course there is always some meaningful things you could do to a celica to make it quick, but that doesn't involve lights, rims, or a fart can.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:27 PM   #79
beastman
AF Regular

I hate the term. I personally think that if thats what they want to do thats what they should.People say If its a honda its automatically rice. I never use it becuase I repsect what other people like. I mean no one calls us fast and furious wannabes if we race do they?
Old 03-02-2003, 08:55 PM   #80
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Quote:
Originally posted by beastman
.....I repsect what other people like. I mean no one calls us fast and furious wannabes if we race do they?
Around here, YES
Old 03-02-2003, 09:31 PM   #81
Pnoi Q
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pnoi Q
RICE

Really
Idiotic
Crappy
Equipment
Old 03-02-2003, 11:46 PM   #82
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Send a message via AIM to GTi-VR6_A3
Quote:
Originally posted by beastman
I mean no one calls us fast and furious wannabes if we race do they?
i know i do...

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 03-03-2003, 12:23 AM   #83
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
But what if someone plans on getting a kit, rims, underbody lights, an exhaust and intake, and a turbo kit...In that order.
If they can only afford the kit and rims at first is their car rice? I don't think it would be...See what I mean? Very few people can afford to drop $10,000 at one time on mods. So while they're working towards a goal, their car may be unfinished. That doesn't mean they're ricey though...
Old 03-03-2003, 12:24 AM   #84
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

save up and buy the turbo first. hten buy the rest. i believe in kits being backed up by engines. or buy it in that order and wait to put it on all at once.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 03-03-2003, 02:32 AM   #85
Milliardo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Milliardo Send a message via Yahoo to Milliardo
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by GTi-VR6_A3
save up and buy the turbo first. hten buy the rest. i believe in kits being backed up by engines. or buy it in that order and wait to put it on all at once.

-GTi-VR6_A3
But not everyone does that. And not everyone will go turbo, either. Nor would everyone even consider going turbo first. Self has a point: most wouldn't drop $10,000 one-time for mods. Unless they're rich or can at least afford it.

1993 Honda Civic ESi (Sailor Mars)
My wish list--I need help in this project: http://pikarod.fateback.com/car3.html
Old 03-03-2003, 02:42 AM   #86
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by Milliardo

But not everyone does that. And not everyone will go turbo, either. Nor would everyone even consider going turbo first. Self has a point: most wouldn't drop $10,000 one-time for mods. Unless they're rich or can at least afford it.
actualyl self did mention turbo thats why i said turbo. and fine say they dont go turbo and htey go all motor i would still do the engine work first. and i never said it would be 10k at once all i say is buy it over time then install at once. or buyo over time starting with performance mods. especially the ones that arent noisy

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 03-03-2003, 05:24 AM   #87
Milliardo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Milliardo Send a message via Yahoo to Milliardo
Lightbulb

Yes, I agree with you that engine work should go first, though that again is according to one's preference. Not all will go after performance--some might go mainly for looks.

1993 Honda Civic ESi (Sailor Mars)
My wish list--I need help in this project: http://pikarod.fateback.com/car3.html
Old 03-03-2003, 01:31 PM   #88
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Self
But what if someone plans on getting a kit, rims, underbody lights, an exhaust and intake, and a turbo kit...In that order.
If they can only afford the kit and rims at first is their car rice? I don't think it would be...See what I mean? Very few people can afford to drop $10,000 at one time on mods. So while they're working towards a goal, their car may be unfinished. That doesn't mean they're ricey though...
Well than, that person should worry about making the stock car FAST before he worries about making the stock car LOOK fast. And anyone who could afford a kit and rims set definatly has enough cash to put towards some performance mods. I've seen what some of those kits go for, you can almost buy a new engine with some of those prices. I got a Jegs mag. right here... heres the price of a body kit on a civic $920.99 and this plus a spoiler ($403.99) that right there is a total of $1324.98!!! AND THE CAR IS STILL STOCK (than add tax) That's not even with the rims. I relize that exhaust and stuff can be expensive too, but that's the whole point of what saving for it is. So if people say they don't have enough for some performance mods and are spending it on all this stuff without anything to back up the looks. They are plain and simply a ricer. I don't care if they make the car look fast at the end, but performance should always be number one. And nobody is saying you have to spend 10,000 on mods right away, there are always small and cheep things you could do that make a more meaningful difference than ground effects.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:59 PM   #89
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by pontiactrac

Well than, that person should worry about making the stock car FAST before he worries about making the stock car LOOK fast. And anyone who could afford a kit and rims set definatly has enough cash to put towards some performance mods. I've seen what some of those kits go for, you can almost buy a new engine with some of those prices. I got a Jegs mag. right here... heres the price of a body kit on a civic $920.99 and this plus a spoiler ($403.99) that right there is a total of $1324.98!!! AND THE CAR IS STILL STOCK (than add tax) That's not even with the rims. I relize that exhaust and stuff can be expensive too, but that's the whole point of what saving for it is. So if people say they don't have enough for some performance mods and are spending it on all this stuff without anything to back up the looks. They are plain and simply a ricer. I don't care if they make the car look fast at the end, but performance should always be number one. And nobody is saying you have to spend 10,000 on mods right away, there are always small and cheep things you could do that make a more meaningful difference than ground effects.
WERD!!!!

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 03-04-2003, 12:36 AM   #90
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Quote:
Originally posted by GTi-VR6_A3

actualyl self did mention turbo thats why i said turbo. and fine say they dont go turbo and htey go all motor i would still do the engine work first. and i never said it would be 10k at once all i say is buy it over time then install at once. or buyo over time starting with performance mods. especially the ones that arent noisy

-GTi-VR6_A3
Well then I guess I'm officially a ricer...On my old Z28, I most definitely bought an SS spoiler, rims, and got my windows tinted before I did anything else. Next I got an exhaust...

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing