Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 01:57 AM   #31
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Ah, you must understand, I live out in the boonies... it's a challenge for me to find Evo magazine...

Has anyone else read any Evo issues? Holy shit!

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 02:11 AM   #32
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by Cbass
Okay, you're going to have be forgiving, I don't know too much about building Hondas...

Now they're unibody cars with a complete engine cradle, right? I'm thinking it wouldn't be that hard just to backhalf the car with tube and bolt in the cradle...

Wishbones up front?
the del sol suspension is double-wishbone coil overs front and back, I'm going to see if I can dig up any other info on this immaculate del sol's design. (tube frame sounds logicall) and Option 2 is Japanese magazine to my knowledge they also do videos and tuning of auto's.
-Boss to answer your question any B series should work prefferably a b18c jap domestic.
hybridsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 12:58 PM   #33
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
is the b18c the itr engine??
Old 12-01-2002, 02:47 PM   #34
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by fatninja19
is the b18c the itr engine??
a b18c is an SiR integra in japan the itr is a c5. I was basically saying any b-series motor.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:11 PM   #35
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
So here's the plan so far... find a clean Del Sol, and start with the gas axe...

The engine shouldn't be a problem, and obviously they managed to fit the engine/tranny in there. My worries would be about the radiator, oil cooler and intercooler plumbing... No way I'm going to this much trouble to have a car that makes less than 200hp

Old 12-01-2002, 05:48 PM   #36
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Cbass
So here's the plan so far... find a clean Del Sol, and start with the gas axe...

The engine shouldn't be a problem, and obviously they managed to fit the engine/tranny in there. My worries would be about the radiator, oil cooler and intercooler plumbing... No way I'm going to this much trouble to have a car that makes less than 200hp
so drop an h22a in? The size of the rear on a del sol would be suitable for almost any honda motor it is quite large. I find that B-series motor's are easily modified to over 200 hp with minor tuning. I do on the other hand, think that this swap/custom job would be a rather pricey conversion.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:30 PM   #37
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Yeah, hybrid, for what you're getting it's pretty pricey. It'd be stellar, but it would cost you a bunch unless you had a really good junkyard and lots of tube steel lying around.

Honestly, I'd grab a 1st gen MR2 and either mod the hell out of the 4AG or figure out some way of transplating the VVt-i engine out of the current Celica into it. That'd net the same results, I think.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:00 AM   #38
Monkey-Magic-S15-R
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Octagon
I got that one covered, oh Bass with a C.

Option 2 is one of the more popular Japanese car magazines. It's always filled with cool stuff and neat pictures, and often has scantily clad women as well. Thus, I wish I could read Japanese so that I understand the articles and can say that I read it for the articles when I'm really just drooling at all the pretty pictures. :angel:
same here and they make videos and get to drive all the cool new cars from people like vielside ............ I know who i want to work for........
Monkey-Magic-S15-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #39
honda troll
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to honda troll
Quote:
Originally posted by DMC12

True. Winning a race is one thing... and having a car that will last is another. They truly are gutless under 6K. I test-drove one, and didn't go over 6 and was really disappointed. This is why I think buying a "slightly" used S2000 is a bad idea. You have to wonder how many times they did a 9,000 RPM clutch drop! Can't be good for engine/trans/anxles/clutch.

But don't get me wrong... I'm not hatin' on S2000 owners! There are some really cool ladies & gents on the S2K boards & hence my attention to their car (more for the peeps that their rides).
Alright, let's clear up the myths.

I own an S2k. I've had it since day one, and now have 24,000 miles on it. I'm the biggest race whore you'll ever meet. I street race every weekend, go to the track several times a year, and dump the clutch on my car more times than you can imagine. In an average week I probably do 5+ clutch dumps when racing. I have put that car through dump after dump, and race after race screaming at 9000rpm.

I've never had a problem with the car, and just recently had the car at the dealer to have a TSB done. (the TSB requires them to remove the transmission and I also had them check the drivetrain/differential) I saw the car in pieces myself.

There is not a damn thing wrong with it. IN fact, the clutch barely had a mark on it. The differential showed NO wear at all, and looked brand new. The drivetrain/transmission were all fine. The flywheel was also like new.

This car can take the clutch dumps just fine. Don't spout crap just because some mag says that the car won't take it. Honda's not that dumb... they knew what it would take to get the car going quickly, and they built it to take it in stock form.

Also, you don't have to dump the clutch at 8000rpm. I was running 14.0 at the track 3 weeks ago with 4500rpm clutch dumps. I ran 13.7-13.8's last year with 5000rpm dumps.

And what is the 1/4 mile of a delorian? I don't ever recall them being high 13 second cars. You beat the driver... not the car. congrats on your kill.
honda troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #40
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
I agree, you also have to account for every day driving. If someone does not know how to shift, there is wear and tear on the car day in and day out. So, when they do race I'm sure that same person has no idea what in the hell they are doing. Ripping it through gears and f...ing up the clutch, flywheel, gears, and differential. The driver accounts for the condition of the transmition/car not the car itself.

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:55 PM   #41
honda troll
AF Enthusiast

Then suffice to say a properly driven S2k can take it.

Then again, any car driven by a bad driver, racing or daily, won't last so good to that kind of wear.

I'm just trying to get people over this image that the S2k is some fragile delicate thing.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:01 PM   #42
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Oh, I know that, I was defending you on the fact that cars wear differently depending on how, where, and who drives them. The S2000 is a strong, fast, quality automobile. If I had the means I would go pick one up today.

p.s.> Have they made a good turbo kit for it yet? I really don't follow Honda's that often.

Peace Out :smoker:

"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
Old 12-03-2002, 03:24 PM   #43
honda troll
AF Enthusiast

There is a company called speedcraft that makes a bolt on kit with all necessary fuel/ignition upgrades. Expensive, but then again, so are all mods for this car.

A few S2000's have the kit installed. I've heard of one running 11's on street tires, and several others run low low 12's. 8-10psi. And yes, stock internals. Some members have had the turbo kit for 40,000+ miles and I don't think any of them has lost an engine yet.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:30 PM   #44
Cbass
AF Fanatic

I don't think anyone was suggesting the cars are fragile, or not built well. You have to admit dumping the clutch in any car is harder on it than just easing off the line, and will mean more frequent clutch jobs, just as harder stopping will mean more frequent brake jobs.

As for the transmission, I'm not informed enough to have an opinion. If Honda built it strong enough to take that level of use, than it'll be fine. Besides, the S2000 only makes 153 ftlbs, so that's not exactly big block territory.

Old 12-03-2002, 03:30 PM   #45
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Damn! Well beef up the internals throw on some larger injecters, and crank the boost up some.....=:ylsuper then maybe a 50 or 75 shot of the funny gas.....It would be sick.

Thanks buddy later!