Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 01:39 PM   #61
Nemisis626
AF Newbie

Yeh I know what u mean most of our cars are under powered compared to US versions, They do handle alot better cos we have these things called bends and corners on our roads (lol) They have to be driven hard to be real fun, normally 5000 revs and above.
I got to drive a Dodge Dakota 4x4 Sport V8 Magnum, while i was in Canada for awhile, 240Bhp i think. Put it in 2wd and floored it o what fun!!!:sun: Nice Truck, cheap price, but about $2000 to import it to UK And the price of fuel over here is way too high Bloody Tax but still the Dakota did 110mph and was alot more stable than a Land rover Discovery or Mitsu Shogun.
Wish i could try a Hemi That really would lose me my licence.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:43 PM   #62
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
There are old(er) merc's that are 300. I have seen them parked, so I'm sure they exist.
yeah that's why i said, unless it's an older one
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-12-2001, 04:20 PM   #63
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Hemi.. um, yes. 425hp (closer to 500 though, they were under-rated). 0-60 in the 5's (bad tires), a quarter in the low 13's (again, tires). Very nice

But European cars are also more involving to drive. If you ever try to steer a Pontiac Grand Am, it will steer, but you have no idea what the wheels are doing! And that sucks I prefer the steering on an 87 Nissan King Cab with the 4-pot. It may handle worth poop, but you can tell that the front wheels are slipping, and what the road is like, etc, etc.
Old 10-13-2001, 02:08 PM   #64
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
First off, I'm impressed, some of you are frickin' ballsy mofo's. 160 mph?!?! That's crazy!! The fastest I've been is 135 mph in my Teg back when I had my JRSC installed. I was racing a cypress green Teg, that I assume must have had some serious mods, because there I was going 135 on a downhill, and even though I was still increasing speed, he was still pulling away from me (slowly, but nevertheless he was pulling away), and I decided enough is enough and eased off. I was scared shitless because cars in the lane next to me were going like 65 to 70. I was shaking for a moment or two after that. I plan to top 135 mph once I get my new engine and rebuilt SC installed.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:24 PM   #65
Getaway
AF Newbie

185 Mph

185 Mph riding along in a extreemly modified Supra Mk IV on a city free
and it was all cought on tape check it out at http://www.getawayinstockholm.com a site with illegal street racing movies
Old 10-13-2001, 06:02 PM   #66
monte_madness
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to monte_madness
well the fastest i ever went was 145 in my monte carlo ss and i almost threw up when i saw the the good old blue and whites after my ass
(i've got the nerves of a four year old o a roller coaster)
:apuke:
Old 10-13-2001, 06:04 PM   #67
JD@af
Missing in action

Quote:
Originally posted by monte_madness
well the fastest i ever went was 145 in my monte carlo ss and i almost threw up when i saw the the good old blue and whites after my ass
(i've got the nerves of a four year old o a roller coaster)
:apuke:
OH SHIT!! Please, tell us that story!!
Old 10-13-2001, 06:12 PM   #68
monte_madness
AF Newbie

coming home from the ferry i was just cookin along at about 11pm (close to the highway) i was just gettin back from P.E.I....(an island in canada)... it was starting to get late so i tramped her down trying to make it home quicker and by the time i was doin 130 he had already seen me so i thought ohh F*** im done for ......when i was pulled over all he asked was the reason why i was goin so fast ,i told him i was only 16 and i needed to get home before 12 so i don't get a fine ... he just laughed and let me off with a warning... i geuss it was because there was no one on the road at the time..
Old 10-13-2001, 06:19 PM   #69
JD@af
Missing in action

Oh my lord... man did you get off easy. I mean that's just way beyond "luck" in the classic sense.
That's just unbelievable. Right on dude!! :ylsuper

Good for you, and thanks for sharing the story. If I ever get nabbed going that fast, I hope for some of that same good fortune. 'Course at age 24, here in Connecticut.. fat chance.... :help:
Old 10-13-2001, 06:23 PM   #70
monte_madness
AF Newbie

yeha i was really lucky compared to my friend who got nailed a cop doin only 10mp/h over the limit... poor bastard
Old 10-13-2001, 06:57 PM   #71
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by monte_madness
coming home from the ferry i was just cookin along at about 11pm (close to the highway) i was just gettin back from P.E.I....(an island in canada)... it was starting to get late so i tramped her down trying to make it home quicker and by the time i was doin 130 he had already seen me so i thought ohh F*** im done for ......when i was pulled over all he asked was the reason why i was goin so fast ,i told him i was only 16 and i needed to get home before 12 so i don't get a fine ... he just laughed and let me off with a warning... i geuss it was because there was no one on the road at the time..
is that 130mph or 130km/h??? since you live in Canada, i was thinkin maybe you mean 130km/h
130km/h isn't very fast... that's only like 75-80mph (guess)
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-13-2001, 07:55 PM   #72
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
When you got pulled over, did he ask to see your license??
Old 10-13-2001, 11:30 PM   #73
Nxtyoung
AF Regular

Lucky Basterd. I got pulled over doing 92 in a 65 and all the cop asked was to see my license and registration, and the thing he gave me was in the shape of a tick it.
Old 10-14-2001, 08:07 AM   #74
monte_madness
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr

is that 130mph or 130km/h??? since you live in Canada, i was thinkin maybe you mean 130km/h
130km/h isn't very fast... that's only like 75-80mph (guess)
i was goin miles ... since most of the people on here are american i thought i would just put in miles to make it easier.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:58 AM   #75
spy
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to spy Send a message via AIM to spy Send a message via Yahoo to spy
353 km/h in a Dodge Viper RT-10. Only reason I didn not top it out, was b/c there was a curve in the freeway!!!