Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2005, 08:02 AM   #1
SIRDOUG
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
98 Windstar, very little brake pressure and will not hold pressure

As topic says.

When I push the brake, the brake just goes to the floor slowly. There is very little pressure and I have to keep pumping them to get any pressure in the system, but then at that if I keep even pressure on the brake peddel it will still go to the floor.

I have checked the fluid and it stays at the same level. So there is no leak in the system.

Repair history, before this issue.
-Master cylinder
-ABS Computer
-New Brakes less then 500Km ago.
SIRDOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
wiswind
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 3,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 110 Times in 86 Posts
Re: 98 Windstar, very little brake pressure and will not hold pressure

I does sound exactly like air in the system.
Try a very good bleeding....you will need to buy some new brake fluid to do this.
wiswind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:08 PM   #3
LeSabre97mint
AF Enthusiast
 
LeSabre97mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Green Isle, Minnesota
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 98 Windstar, very little brake pressure and will not hold pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRDOUG
As topic says.

When I push the brake, the brake just goes to the floor slowly. There is very little pressure and I have to keep pumping them to get any pressure in the system, but then at that if I keep even pressure on the brake peddel it will still go to the floor.

I have checked the fluid and it stays at the same level. So there is no leak in the system.

Repair history, before this issue.
-Master cylinder
-ABS Computer
-New Brakes less then 500Km ago.
Hello

Who did the above work? Why was the above work done? Was the brake system working after the above work being done? When did the brakes start acting as discribe above?

Regards

Dan
LeSabre97mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
SIRDOUG
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: 98 Windstar, very little brake pressure and will not hold pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSabre97mint
Hello

Who did the above work? Why was the above work done? Was the brake system working after the above work being done? When did the brakes start acting as discribe above?

Regards

Dan
- A licensed mech.
- It needed it.
- The system worked fine after all this. Started doing this pressure issue about month later.
SIRDOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:26 PM   #5
LeSabre97mint
AF Enthusiast
 
LeSabre97mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Green Isle, Minnesota
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: 98 Windstar, very little brake pressure and will not hold pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRDOUG
- A licensed mech.
- It needed it.
- The system worked fine after all this. Started doing this pressure issue about month later.
Doug

I would bring it back to the mechanic that did the work. A brake job shouldn't fail so quick.

Regards

Dan
LeSabre97mint is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD


Bookmarks
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts