Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 08:37 AM   #61
00-stang
AF Newbie

Set-Up New Best Time

I have the stock pieces of crap tires... spin badly off the line.
I am using an NX EFI Kit. It is a wet kit (sprays into the intake). It is set up with a WOT (wide open throttle) switch which squeezes when I hit the switch. So basically I am squeezing the entire run down the track. NX is by FAR the best kit you can buy, I don't car what anyone tells you NX IS the best. They are designed to run rich which will prevent engine damage. It also has a fuel pressure safety switch which cuts the N2O if fuel pressure drops further protecting you from running lean and melting pistons. N20 has a bad rep but I promise you if it is set up right and not overdone you will not have to worry about engine failure or damage. If you are planning on getting Nitrous get a Nitrous Express Kit. Go to www.nitrousexpress.com and look around. I also have the Gen X 2 upgrade which gives you the bottle heater, purge valve and fuel pressure saftey switch. The purge valve and bottle heater ARE indispensible if you want the fastest time possible with your set-up. I surprised a few people at the track last night
I ran a 13.801 at 101.6 mph. My 60 ft was 2.08. Many many people were for some reason attracted to my car after that. I could have beat ANY stock Mustang besides newer cobras out there, even slightly modified ones. It is a great feeling, I can't really explain it, it is just the look the GT people gave me that made my heart skip a beat. I beat an almost stock 95 Cobra (still 5.0) he ran a 14.3 at 100.? I was extremely pleased.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:41 AM   #62
00-stang
AF Newbie

Add-on

Also NOS brand and most other brands rate their shot size at the flywheel NX rate it at the tires. So a 100 hp shot of NOS brand is 100hp at the flywheel, NX's 100hp shot is 100hp at the wheels. Also NX has a lifetime warranty on their solenoids, no one else does.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:26 AM   #63
stangs rule
AF Newbie

ex? they right i'll smoke it

dude what r u thinkin...a stock ex will never ever beat me ....and all u guys say that the gsr will have no problem...i havn't raced a gsr yet and i don't know who will win...but i know for sure that the gsr will not smoke me...i think it would b alot closer then u guys think..
Old 05-31-2003, 03:00 PM   #64
chris26969
AF Enthusiast

Are you all high? How could you ever say a gsr would KILL a mustang V6. The 99 Mustang V6s are crazy fast . 0-60 in less than 7 seconds. Some people on this board need to go get some knowledge.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:39 PM   #65
kittedb18bt
AF Enthusiast

i drove my friends '01 mustang GT last week. it is a stick and i can say that i was not too impressed. he was not in the car, he just gave me the keys and said "take 'er for a spin." i was like ok, i ran over to the car and took off. (first time driving a V8 or RWD) of course i fishtailed when i took off, he doesnt care, he knew i would do it. Great low end power though, the high end is not there in my opinion.

1999 Ford Mustang Cobra: Cobra R rims, Magnaflow CB.

"no way man...i saw an LS1 fight godzilla and the LS1 beat godzilla and it looked in the air and was like what do you think of that god and god was like bring it bitch so they fought and the LS1 beat god now the LS1 is god because its the greatest thing ever."
Old 06-01-2003, 02:55 AM   #66
superbluecivicsi
AF - Advisor

im not trying to cause any problems but, i think you need to get some knowledge. First of all, just cause you 0-60 faster than another car, dont mean ur gonna be faster, it just means u can 0-60 faster. and no. the 99 v6 mustang is not all that crazy fast and no they do not 0-60 in less than 7 seconds since so many of us are speaking from a statistical mindframe, the gsr WILL BEAT the V6 Mustang to end the argument. For the sake of compaing these Stangs n Integras and speaking from a STATISTICAL point of view, please I have provided a website for you V6 Mustangers to compare. A stock 95 gsr WILL BEAT a stock V6 Mustang. Yes!!! RedrocketGSR will beat the V6Mustang, thats a statistical fact. Heres the site

http://www.car-videos.com/performance/models.asp
FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:18 AM   #67
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Yeah I agree, V6 stangs are a joke. GSR hands down. GT's aren't that great either, but will beat a GSR. I think the new Mach 1 is sweeet though. It ran a 12.97 with drag slicks and Paul Svinicki behind the wheel.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:15 AM   #68
chris26969
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by superbluecivicsi
im not trying to cause any problems but, i think you need to get some knowledge. First of all, just cause you 0-60 faster than another car, dont mean ur gonna be faster, it just means u can 0-60 faster. and no. the 99 v6 mustang is not all that crazy fast and no they do not 0-60 in less than 7 seconds since so many of us are speaking from a statistical mindframe, the gsr WILL BEAT the V6 Mustang to end the argument. For the sake of compaing these Stangs n Integras and speaking from a STATISTICAL point of view, please I have provided a website for you V6 Mustangers to compare. A stock 95 gsr WILL BEAT a stock V6 Mustang. Yes!!! RedrocketGSR will beat the V6Mustang, thats a statistical fact. Heres the site

http://www.car-videos.com/performance/models.asp
checking out your site , i see you used the AUTOMATIC mustang rather than the standard one . Go get the standard one , then you will see the 7s .
Old 06-01-2003, 09:57 AM   #69
HiFlow5 0
Stanger

Send a message via AIM to HiFlow5 0
Re: GSR Vs Mustang V6??

Quote:
Originally posted by RedRocketGSR
ok, this kid from my school wants to race me. He has a V6 pony :hehehe: Anyways, i just want to know some of the specs of the pony (if any of you know them) and i want to know how bad i will beat him and if i will. I feel dumb asking but i dont want to lose to a pony.:o Thanks.
OK back to the original topic, even though it was posted over a year ago.

Quote:
95 Integra GS-R
16.01@89.17mph
This is taken from you sig, and if your times are accurate then you should be able to beat a STOCK V6 auto. My buddy ran 16.7 in his 00 V6, but he could shave a few tenths with a more aggressive launch and driving style, but I don't think it would be enough to hang.

Now if your going to race a manual V6, then I think you might be running into a problem. Those should be able to run mid to high 15's. Depending on driver skill and style, I think the V6 mustang will have the edge.

Just remember that driver skill has a lot to play, and just cause one person runs a certain time in a car, doesn't mean that the next person will with the exact same car. Speculation and assumption. I guess that's all part of bench racing.

Old 06-01-2003, 12:15 PM   #70
sirapio

I would have to go with what HiFlow5 0 says on this...A GSR will beat the newer STOCK mustang V6 if your skills are there. Skills is the key point...If you dont know your GSR...a corolla can beat it. Now if he is messing with you and gone about taking off the emblem of a GT (V8)...you are gonna lose. I dont care how hyped up your GSR is...as long as it is N/A...it wont beat it. Another factor is that older mustangs are 5.0 liters...you wont be able to take those out either. The thing is this...if you are gonna race a mustang...know that its almost like racing a civic. You'll never know what is under the hood. My 2 cents.

Old 06-01-2003, 04:26 PM   #71
90gs
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 90gs
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoned Raider
Why are you making fun of a V-6 when you drive a 4 banger? I'm not tring to flame or anything.

his car has 2 less cylinders but it revs higher and has vtec and weighs half as much
Old 06-01-2003, 04:32 PM   #72
sameintheend01
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sameintheend01
Quote:
Originally posted by sirapio
I would have to go with what HiFlow5 0 says on this...A GSR will beat the newer STOCK mustang V6 if your skills are there. Skills is the key point...If you dont know your GSR...a corolla can beat it. Now if he is messing with you and gone about taking off the emblem of a GT (V8)...you are gonna lose. I dont care how hyped up your GSR is...as long as it is N/A...it wont beat it. Another factor is that older mustangs are 5.0 liters...you wont be able to take those out either. The thing is this...if you are gonna race a mustang...know that its almost like racing a civic. You'll never know what is under the hood. My 2 cents.
errrr, i raced a 5.0 in my old benz and i hung with it. Oh yeah, my benz weighed nearly 5000 lbs (it was a 1986). Those cars are really slow stock.
Iridium Spark Plugs
High Performance Plug Wires
High Flow Cat (unistalled)
Cool high/low beam lights
All around slotted and AEM pads
Old 06-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #73
TheRebirth
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by THE4TH
(4 cyl + vtec) > (6 cyl+ pony)
rofl
good with your pre-algebra i see?
Old 06-01-2003, 06:19 PM   #74
audi&benz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to audi&benz
my stock Audi A6 2.8 V6 sedan whooped the hell out of a V6 stang. it was very amusing.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:48 PM   #75
sameintheend01
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sameintheend01
Quote:
Originally posted by audi&benz
my stock Audi A6 2.8 V6 sedan whooped the hell out of a V6 stang. it was very amusing.
that would be sad if it didnt:licker: the 1.8t should beat a v6 stang. Also, what's faster, your e-class or the audi (i'm impartial to the old benzes--i had a 420 sel)
Iridium Spark Plugs
High Performance Plug Wires
High Flow Cat (unistalled)
Cool high/low beam lights
All around slotted and AEM pads

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing