Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:13 PM   #136
95mustangownsu
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 95mustangownsu
Quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet

lmfao! What's worse than a mustang? A mustang trying to be a riced out civic!

thanks for the laugh dude
Do you people know what the word Rice means? Well for those who don't know......... making your car look fast when in reality its slow as fuck is rice...

Dan's Mustang you called Rice.... well bitches its got 470 hp to the flywheel and 405 to the wheels.... rice what?
Old 06-21-2003, 10:27 PM   #137
hmongstang
AF Newbie

Old 06-21-2003, 10:29 PM   #138
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustangownsu

Do you people know what the word Rice means? Well for those who don't know......... making your car look fast when in reality its slow as fuck is rice...

Dan's Mustang you called Rice.... well bitches its got 470 hp to the flywheel and 405 to the wheels.... rice what?
Is that the Websters Dictionary definition of rice???
Old 06-21-2003, 10:33 PM   #139
hmongstang
AF Newbie

the defination of RICE

Friends don't let friends drive rice.

Rice is an adjective meaning a car is all show and no go. The term originated in Southern California from the import modification craze. A person that drives a rice car is a 'Riceboy' and he (or she) drives a 'Rice-Rocket' or 'Rice-Burner.' The example to the left is rice. As you can see the car has a two tone interior, white gauge faces, and what looks like a navigation system. In the riceboy's mind these accessories make the car faster. This is the typical riceboy mentality: what makes the car prettier also makes it go faster. Its like saying Britney Spears it prettier than Christina Aguilera so Britney can sing better. Now, most rice cars are Honda Civics, Toyotas or the every popular Acura Integra. Honda and Toyota markets these cars as fuel-efficient economy cars. Not at all intended for the strain of street racing. In order to make them fuel efficient these cars usually have very small (<2L) displacement 4 cylinder engines which produce little horsepower compared to an American 8 cylinder engine. Most riceboys will assert that a Honda is always superior to a low-tech dometic car. This is simply not the case.
First of all, modern American cars are not at all low-tech compared to Japanese cars. Both engines have very similar internals and elctronic fuel injection. Riceboys claim their cars are superior because his or her engine has 'VTEC.' VTEC simply means that the engine is capable of variable valve timing. It is true that a VTEC engine has more horsepower than a non-VTEC, but this technology is simply an attempt to improve fuel economy. Variable valve timing has been used by Ford and GM for years. Now let's look at another riceboy argument: a Japanese car will handle better than a domestic. Also not completely true. Many riceboys will 'dump' his or her car in an attempt to improve good looks rather than improve handling. Many will even cut their own stock springs to do this. What they do not do is upgrade their struts in order to handle "racing" springs with higher spring rates.. You may have seen cars that go bouncing down the highway, up and down, up and down, and it never seems to end. This is the result of racing springs on factory struts or very worn out struts. Another issue that has to be addressed when lowering a car is wheel camber. You may have also seen a car a few centimeters off the ground with 17 or 18 inch rims, but the top of the tire bows inward towards the center of the car. This is caused by cutting factory springs. There simply isn't enough force in the remiaing spring to hold up the car! Essentially, the car is riding on the outer edge of the tires all the time which leads to accelerated tire wear and less traction. This isn't a really big deal (The riceboy will have to buy new tires faster, which is the riceboy's problem, not mine) but it is a good way to spot a riceboy on the street. You see, a riceboy will put good looks over performance, but say that he/she did this to the car for better performance. So let's see, a rice Honda with cut springs and wheels with awkward camber will beat a low-tech stock domestic in a slalom or on a skidpad, I don't think so.
I previously mentioned a bouncing car is probably a ricer, here are some other common characteristics of rice-rockets.

* Huge, useless rear spoiler that blocks the view out of the rear window, may be taller than the car itself. This makes the car faster by creating downforce over the rear wheels at high speeds. But wait, Hondas are front wheel drive cars!? So more force over the rear wheels reduces the amount of force over the front wheels, the DRIVE WHEELS.

* Outrageous sized exhaust system with 3 inch or larger exhaust tip or dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder engine. The bigger the exhaust, the less backpressure, and hence more power. WRONG! A naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine does not produce enough exhaust pressure to require anything larger than a 2.5" exhaust to function efficiently with maximum power. A larger exhaust is capable of moving more exhaust gases out of the engine, what these riceboys don't know is the velocity of the exhaust slows as the exhaust gets larger and since a small 4 cylinder engine doesn't produce much pressure the gases have to be forced out of the exhaust with more force than what would normally be required. This reduces low end torque and horspower, bad for street racing at red lights. There are some imports that have NOS sytems, or have various forced induction methods which would require a larger exhasut for maximum performance, but these cars are fast and do not fall under the category of rice. As for the dual exhaust, (I can't believe people do this) it is completely uncessary. A V-6 or V-8 may benefit from a dual exhaust but any riceboy that says he has a true dual exhaust it lying. Here's why: 4 cylinder engines have the cylinders all in a line rather than in a V configuration. This means that the exhaust exits from only one side of the engine. A V-8 engine exhausts 4 cylinders on each side of the engine. A true dual exhaust will have headers on each side of the engine which then flow in two separate exhaust pipes all the way to the end of the exhaust. A dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder engine is attained by adding a separate pipe after the catalytic converter and angling it to the rear of the car. Since the other pipe does not come straight from the engine there is no benefit. This also reduces low end torque.

* Huge vinyl graphics that may cover 1/3 or more of the car. Most of these are done in bad taste and look very tacky. Most likely in contrasting colors

* Fake stickers or corporate logos on car exterior. This may be one of the most annoying riceboy tactics. Put a vinyl sticker ("VTEC" or "Type R") on a car that does not contain the said item. The VTEC sticker has to be the most overused followed closely by "Type R." Riceboys with these stickers want people to think their cars are equipped with VTEC but it is not. It can usually be determined if a car with a VTEC sticker actually has VTEC at a stoplight.

* Various colored lights, clear taillights, and/or 2 or more pairs of fog/driving lights. If you have ever seen a newer Mercedes at night with its lights on and noticed that it puts out a very bright light with a blue tint, than you have seen an actual HID (high intensity discharge) lighting system. HID systems cost thousands of dollars which is why they are limited to luxuary cars, but they put out a very intense pure light. Riceboys like the way these look and want to mimic this to make people think they have a thousand dollar HID system in a $14K Honda. There are hundreds of companys out there that offer "HID-look" bulbs that replace normal bulbs. The bulbs are very cheap compared to a full HID system, but do not create the same light. These lights are often called "Ion Blue." They create the illusion of HID by simply tinting or painting the glass bulb blue. This reduces the output of the light and blue is the least visible color in the spectrum. So riceboys put these on thinking that they will be able to see better at night and thereby drive faster. In all actuality they probably have less light than the stock headlamps.
Clear tailights are illegal in most areas, not to mention dangerous. How would you feel thinking you are driving into a car going in the wrong direction or about to hit a car that is traveling in reverse on the highway. The only white lights on the rear of the car should be the reverse lights.
Fog lights are designed to improve visibiltiy during incliment weather by reducing the amount of light reflected back at the driver. But having more than one pair of fog lights and driving with them on all the time defeats the purpose and annoys other drivers. Driving lights are intended for use in conjunction with high beams to improve long range visibility. Driving lights are annoying because most riceboys do not feel the need to turn them off when passing other motorists, bliding everyone that passes. Driving lights are really auxilary high beams and should be treated as such.

*Car's exhuast is heard before it is seen and/or car makes farting sounds. See "Outrageous sized exhaust" above.

*The "uni-wiper." This has to be the most confusing riceboy tactic out there. They rip off the drivers side wiper and put on a larger "uni-wiper" in the right side wiper mount. How can this possibly improve 'wipe-ability?' I believe Mercedes has had the uni-wiper for some time now, but if you've ever seen one in action you can see how it would operate differently than the riceboy method. The Mercedes model actually covers more area than a conventional two-wiper system.

*Car parked with uni-wiper in UP position. Why? Why? WHY? This makes absolutely no sense to me! Do riceboys want to prove their awesome hand-eye coordination by showing everyone they can activate the wipers then immediately turn the car off? Someone please explain this to me! I also have seen ricers driving with the uni-wiper up. So, either the wiper mechanism has been intentionally broken (no driving in the rain) or the wipers are now maually operated. That means there is a wiper crank in the cockpit....hahahah. Give me a break.

*Car parked crooked or in "flamboyant" style. Keep in mind if the car is parked crooked it must have the uni-wiper up. This seems to be a prerequisite among riceboys. A sort of hidden law or something. This is highly annoying as a riceboy will take up two or more parking spaces to draw extra visual attention to his/her riced out rice rocket. Most garages have an unwritten law stating all rice rockets parked incorrectly shall be keyed beyond recognition. Its true.

Driving habits of Riceboys:

*Riceboys will every opportunity to get ahead of your vehicle and cut it off. This happens mostly when approaching red lights. For some reason a riceboy has to be the first person to stop at a red light. I cannot give a reasonable explanation for this. It wastes gas and annoys other drivers. Appropriate response is a middle finger.

*Riceboys think everything is a race. Going to the store to buy mom some more mascara is a race, dropping off the little brother at Karate practice is a race, everything is a race. I think riceboys want to assert the superiority of their cars over everyone elses that doesn't have a farting exhaust by breaking the law and to show of their superb (not!) driving skills. This is also highly annoying and dangerous. A true riceboy will always try and race vehicles he feels his vehice is superior to, and always loses. You may have sat next to a riceboy at a redlight and heard the riceboy revving his engine and inching his car forward. Then squeals his tires when the light turns green; Inappropriate, reckless, and unecessary. Appropriate response is a middle finger.

*Riceboys will race cars that they know are superior to their own. I have many times seen a Honda Si where I live repeatedly race an 80's model Corvette. Usually when the riceboy realizes he has lost he will say "well if I had a 5 liter engine I would have won." That is true, but if the Riceboy had a 5 liter engine than he would have a Corvette! Appropriate response is a middle finger.

*Riceboys must drive with the accelerator on the floor. To show everyone how fast their cars are. Appropriate response is a middle finger.

*Riceboys only have 3 gear transmissions. At least that's what you would think if you ever heard one. The 3 gears are 1st, 2nd, and reverse. Riceboys like to drive near the redline in 1st and 2nd gears so everyone will hear how high tech their VTEC is. I have yet to see a rice rocket near redline in reverse, but i'm sure it has happened somewhere. Driving like this wastes gas and may cause engine damage. Appropriate response is a middle finger.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:35 PM   #140
hmongstang
AF Newbie

the secret of V-tec
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vtecbash.jpg (23.3 KB, 137 views)
Old 06-21-2003, 10:39 PM   #141
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
i agree w/ a lot of wut u are saying, but to say vtec is only for fuel economy isn't tru.

yes, SOHC VTEC doesn't make much of a difference, but DOHC VTEC is a way for honda to be able to keep the same great mpg for daily driving, yet produce highend power that u can use when u need to.

how do u think they get 240hp from a 2.0l motor? VTEC. i kno that ppl had variable timing before honda (euro cars have had it for wut seems like forever), but honda took it to an entirely new level.

non-the less i do agree that it is overrated. ppl seem to think "damn...u have vtec, ur fast" when talking about a single cam civic ex. but at the same time, i still think its a great technology for producing power w/ out FI.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 06-21-2003, 10:41 PM   #142
hmongstang
AF Newbie

peace i'm not here to have a war!
peace peace.................

if you don't like the defination of rice go here to complain
http://www.geocities.com/raskren/antirice.jpg

peace out friends............
Old 06-21-2003, 10:42 PM   #143
hmongstang
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by KrNxRaCer00

honda took it to an entirely new level.

FI.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:09 PM   #144
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Why are we even having this conversation about mustangs, when Mustangs are slow too.... Where are the Hen Vipers, Camaros, Corvettes Z06s, and such. Mustang look good stock other than wheels and height, any thing else looks ugly to me. Body kits and those ugly altezzas should never have been made for Mustangs. Just buy a cobra R and mod it then call it a day.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:49 PM   #145
spectorv
AF Newbie

true dans mustang looks a little rice out but when you put down 400rwhp adn tq you can back up the odd taste in looks
Old 06-21-2003, 11:54 PM   #146
spectorv
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet
How are they "facts" if I'm just sitting here reading them from some schmoe like you? I ran a 14.9 in my civic DX with a 55 shot of nitrous which is a fact, but how would you know that if all I'm doing is posting it on a forum? Post some videos viewing under the hood of a stock 00 GT, then it going down the strip and running a 14.0 then I'll believe it.
OMG are you serious you dont belive a stock 99 up gt can run a 14.0 stock? YOU REALLY need to learn a few things about other cars cuz thats just the average i have seen them do 13.7s stock....lol i guess you dont realize what tq is for since you dont have any, well it has plenty and that really really helps it out. put on a set of slicks and they will run mid 13s (1.8 60fts anyone?)
Old 06-21-2003, 11:58 PM   #147
spectorv
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by clatescivicr
Why are we even having this conversation about mustangs, when Mustangs are slow too.... Where are the Hen Vipers, Camaros, Corvettes Z06s, and such. Mustang look good stock other than wheels and height, any thing else looks ugly to me. Body kits and those ugly altezzas should never have been made for Mustangs. Just buy a cobra R and mod it then call it a day.
cobra R, na get a 03 cobra, more hp and tq than the cobra R, they have the best hp per dollar ratio you can get, and they are under rated and extremly boged down by the exhaust system. easy to mod and get some really nice numbers out of.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:59 PM   #148
spectorv
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by B16EJ1
I think the problem is that you V6 mustang owners get shit on by GT owners as well as the everyday ricer so there's an inferiority complex that is built. It's easier for you to pick on 4 bangers then your obviously superior counterpart. I could care less. Just go somewhere else to take out your frustrations or even try to take it out on a GT owner.
I have nothing aginst 4 bangers, most of my friends have imports. I have a problme with morons who dont knwo what the crap they are talking about.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:11 AM   #149
Sixshootapb
AF Newbie

do u understand why no one has any respect for hondas anymore? cause of u kids. i know a V6 isn't fast but still u think your honda is?? thats hilarious. i've beat many civics, and accords. and even an N/A supra that everyone nuts over. this kid talked trash for so long to me about his eclipse beating me so one night we raced and i KILLED him 4 times. )he doesn't talk shit anymore) my car will beat many of your little shits and if anyone is in lexington find me and we will run. but u think we get shit on my GT owners? then what do they do to ya'll?? i have lots of friends with GTs and built 5.0s and shit. they respect me and like my slow V6 (that will rape hondas) the only V6 owners that get really shit on are the ones that go around thinkin their the shit. so all u fast -n- furious wanna bes keep TRYING to beat people. and about the mustang trying to b a riced out civic. uhh dan will kill any of you guys.. like really badly. a 470BHP V6 isn't something to laugh about. and ya'll talk about and engine swap like its gods little gift to ya'll. uhh if i engine swapped my car then u would see like 400, 500 or even 600 HP from it.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:25 AM   #150
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

I assume that your post was directed at me so here it goes..........
You your first post and already you start flaming. You refer to me as a kid and yet you can't even buy alcohol. You claim that your car can rape Honda's but the sad truth is that a bunch of the Honda's here will kill your v6 stang. Admit it, the reason that you drive a V6 stang is because your PARENTS could'nt afford to get you a GT. No one here has said that the V6 stang has no potential yet you V6 stang owners come here for the simple purpose of flaming. You serve no purpose here so why are you here? Oh and most of us here have been working on Honda's and other cars before your baby makers even dropped and way before the devil himself came up with that stupid ass flick so come with a little more respect or don't come at all.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing