Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 2002
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #1
luxorreb
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to luxorreb
Bmw 2002 Buy It!!!

I just bought my first BMW. I 1995 318i. It ain't high brow in the world of BMW, but to me it's the highest brow because BMW is the best!
Quick story-
When I was in 8th grade I was on a shooting team that met at Quantico for practice on Friday nights to shoot, air rifle running boar and target 22. My friends father was the coach of the event and would take us to the marine base every Friday. We lived 30-45 minutes from there and ofcourse the only route into the base was a crazy windy fun to drive road. My friends father just got an early 70's 2002. He got it up to 90 mph on that road with no problem for quite awhile, taking the turns at 65 or so. We unfortunately hit some sand on a turn and the vehicle flipped off the road landing upside down amongst the huge trees. Luckily we didn't hit any trees. There were 4 passengers. 3 of them hung upside down in their seatbelts. I was laying on the roof. The car did not collapse more than an inch or so. The side back windows broke out but that's the only thing that was really damaged. I was the only one NOT wearing a seat belt, I was in the back seat, the car landed on its roof and I was not hurt at all. Most cars such as a Honda civic or Ford Fiesta or a Saturn would crush under those circumstances and have had very different conclusions. We're talking like a 1972 BMW 2002!!! It saved my life. And recently being able to buy a decent bottom of the line BMW has reinforced my belief in its quality and proven (personally) safety record.
BUY ONE NOW!!! Worth the project!
luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 2002