Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Which of the below cars do you like best?
Porsche 996 57 17.87%
Chevy Corvette C5 27 8.46%
Nissan Skyline R34 149 46.71%
Chevy Camaro SS 19 5.96%
Mazda RX7 36 11.29%
Chevy Nova 10 3.13%
Subaru WRX 18 5.64%
Chevy Corvette C3 3 0.94%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 12:17 AM   #46
chebbiesux
AF Regular

lol

just because i owned a chevy doesn't mean i liked it
that car cost me 13000 dollars and although a big block 4 speed corvette is the ultimate chevy muscle car it paled in comparison to the cars i own today
i actually developed my hatred for chevy while i owned that car
i know chevy has made some good vehicles, but that was NOT one of them and it was such a piece of junk that i must have sunk about 3000 dollars just into repairs before deciding i was going to sell the car and buy my first dodge, a 69 dart Gt with a 340 wedge.
after owning that dart, fell in love with mopars, and here i am today.

and by the way, just by saying it 20 times does not mean it's true.
camaro's are NOT 12 second cars.
the only camaros that can crank off 12 second passes are no longer produced. they were for special race only applications and were titled yenko or c.o.p.o. series cars, there are only two yenkos known to exist and only a few hundred c.o.p.o. camaros.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:36 AM   #47
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Re: lol

Quote:
Originally posted by chebbiesux
and by the way, just by saying it 20 times does not mean it's true.
camaro's are NOT 12 second cars.
the only camaros that can crank off 12 second passes are no longer produced. they were for special race only applications and were titled yenko or c.o.p.o. series cars, there are only two yenkos known to exist and only a few hundred c.o.p.o. camaros.
I beleave he speaks the truth

Oh btw chubbie, if you want to ride in a TT car that will scare you AND your guppie, take a trip to Japan and find someone with a 600hp GTR It shouldn't be to hard, they are running around all over the place over there, Nz too.
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Gonthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 01:31 AM   #48
Tinseltown349
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tinseltown349
I'm not a big fan of any of these cars lines. Call me old-fashioned. Or not, because I don't even like the old cars here...hehe...Not that I don't appreciate the cars, just not the lines of these kits. Strip them down, and I would've voted for the 996 Porsche, followed by C5 vette, then the SS. But, since someone will probably force me to choose...nah, i'll do it based on lines for sole satisfaction...the skyline actually...as much as a domestic fan as i am, the only car I'd pick on lines alone out of the group would've been the skyline. That 996 was tortured in my opinion. Poor girl. As was the Vette, and SS. All 3 are screaming :help: and "RETURN US TO OUR ORIGINAL MASTER-SELVES!" That's my opinion. Back to me being domestic though, I'd take most european cars over a domestic, but, seeing as they run 2-5 times more than our best domestics...and...hahaha...i'm sure someone's going to say their is no best domestic... only joking crew, I just want to make it clear I love cars...

....but not to say I won't pick on a fair-share of them

ok, i'm rambling...shoot me! ME :aug2:
<---2000 Mustang GT convertible...but no slouch. Possesses Vortech SQ supercharger, custom exhaust, 3.73s, custom suspension, 18X9.5 cobra R's, and others to boot. Give me liberty...or give me death???
Tinseltown349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:36 PM   #49
ImportNut1212
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImportNut1212
i kinda disagree with that "return us to our original master-selves" line....i think all of those cars have been made more gorgeous, faster, and classier because of the mods. They are original now, not all homoginized like all the other SS's, and 996's.
original tofu crew member #06

my car=95 240sx se w/ s14 sr20det

lUcAs-----
ImportNut1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 12:52 AM   #50
Tinseltown349
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tinseltown349
well, that porsche looks more like a japanese import than a german one. not that it's bad to look asian-exotic, but, when you're driving around with a porsche...come on...
<---2000 Mustang GT convertible...but no slouch. Possesses Vortech SQ supercharger, custom exhaust, 3.73s, custom suspension, 18X9.5 cobra R's, and others to boot. Give me liberty...or give me death???
Tinseltown349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:19 AM   #51
ImportNut1212
AF Enthusiast

i guess its just a difference in opinion....i dont think it looks jap, but oh well. i still voted for the skyline.

lUcAs-----
Old 04-09-2002, 12:25 AM   #52
TatII
AF Fanatic

yes just saw another best motoring internation video and they had aR34 GT-R V-spec II vs R34 V-Spec I and yes the V-Spec hit a 12.9 second quarter mile pass. sooo yes~~ another japanese car that breaks into the 12's besides the nsx.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:39 AM   #53
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
Who could not love the Porsche 996...Though the Skyline is hard to pass up being a Nissan man!

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:59 AM   #54
ImportNut1212
AF Enthusiast

Hey TatII, your info says that your getting an s14 240sx soon, and you live in nyc....are you by chance getting the sr20det in your car? if so, are you going to heavy throttle (www.srswap.com)? its in new york....i was just wondering, cause i'm thinking of buying an sr20det from them.

lUcAs-----
Old 04-09-2002, 02:58 PM   #55
TatII
AF Fanatic

since i'm commuting to school everyday and its 30 miles each way. i'm goin to keep the stock KA as a daily driver until it wears and tears down. then i'll swap a SR20DET in it. my boy has a 89 240SX which he used the shit out off until it died. he looked at heavy throttle in maspheth queens. its some small little garage with mostly honda engines. when he went there they didn't have any in stock and it cost around 3000 for a SR20DET there. not including shiping. sooo my friend is decidin to get it at venus racing instead since they only charge 2200 for the entire front clip and its 700 for shiping. sooo with a grand total of 2900 you can get eveyrthing. hes probrably goin to swap it in the summer after he pays off his credit card debts and i'm goin to help him swap the engine in. afterwards i'll give you guys a report and see how difficult it is to swap it ourselves to save about 1000 dollars. but thats if he reallly has the time to do it. but anways we'll see. anyways feel free to call venus racing there website is www.venus_auto.com and their number is 916 739 6002

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 04-14-2002, 12:20 PM   #56
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

A free hp tip for those guys with Skyline GTR's. Remove the boost restrictor plug out of the boost line before the factory solinoid. Your boost will raise from the standard 9 psi to 12.5 psi. What does that mean? Another 47hp at the wheels, dyno proven

Whack on a pair of pod filters and free flow exhaust from the turbo down pipe back and that is good for another 50-60hp at the wheels. Add that up an my car throws nearly proclaimed 280hp at the wheels as compared to the fly wheel proclaimed. At the end of the day that works out to nearly a 38% increase in hp for very little spent.

As to my next mod, well that is happening this Friday coming. Full service and the ECU remapped. The ECU remapping is fuel, and timing adjustment not to mention speed limiter removed properly.
What will this gain me. I will go from my current 265 hp at the wheels to @ 320 hp at the wheels with only pods, exhaust, and ecu done. Factor the driveline lose and I should see just over 400 hp at the flywheel and very very low 12's possibly a high 11 sec 1/4mile time at 14.5 psi
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 12:35 PM   #57
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
Wow Razorgtst, thats insane! will the high 11 quarter time use slicks or street tires? i bet you can do it on street tires. how much did your car cost new?
Old 04-14-2002, 06:35 PM   #58
chebbiesux
AF Regular

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA
you think your gonna get 60 hp at the WHEELS from an exhaust system and a couple air filters?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAA
Old 04-14-2002, 06:59 PM   #59
TatII
AF Fanatic

i don't doubt the ability of the skyline to barf out soooo many horsepower with such minor mods. in sports compact car. there was a R32 with just a exhuast mod and it has 315 hp as opposed to 280 with just a exhuast. sooo don't underestimate some JDM cars.

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 04-14-2002, 07:21 PM   #60
chebbiesux
AF Regular

well...

well, it doesn't make sense that the factory would supply the car with such a restrictive exhaust that the car gains 20 percent more horsepower just by making the exhaust bigger...i know that if i pull the exhaust right off my satellite it only makes 20-30 horse more, and that's a huge difference in flow against having the exhaust on the car.
and since when does 3.5 psi make 50 more horse? i can up the boost from 12-15 psi in my talon and it doesn't make THAT much of a difference

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing