Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 12:17 AM   #166
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
Quote:
Originally posted by ToddB
AlexB-

I think that you misunderstand the meaning of displacement. Displacement is the amount of space in the combustion chamber with teh piston at top dead center. Therefore you cannot increase displacement with a turbo charger or a super charger.
nice one einstein thanks for that waste of bandwidth

i drove a Gt mustang the other week i shoulda tried the F150 lightning that woulda been more fun damnit

banchi there is no rooms for that sort of bullshit you missed out the RX7 and 300ZX TT not to mention all the other decent imports

and honda's are good cuz they're cheap do you think everyone can afford a Transam

(RX7 is like 13 grand some places) i mean i know that some accords have stupid wings that don't help and they have 13 inch enkeis which my stock rims on my pos corolla beat but thats beside the point .... i actually can beat that car with a corolla ... ok never mind but shut up ok quit yer yappin.. we heard it all before
Old 03-21-2002, 06:55 AM   #167
ImportNut1212
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImportNut1212
banchi, you need to learn what your talkin about before you go and say "jap crap". a nicely tuned civic can blow the doors off of alot of cars. look at the integra GSR...couple mods, throw in a turbo, you have a 300 hp car. not to mention the s2000, or the nsx, or the skyline, the list goes on buddy.

and i just gotta say this, sorry everyone, but i realy dont like trucks, they're meant to haul stuff, not to have 23 in rims and go fast. kinda country if you ask me. but just my opinion.....
original tofu crew member #06

my car=95 240sx se w/ s14 sr20det

lUcAs-----
Old 03-23-2002, 11:57 PM   #168
gc1chad
AF Newbie

I agree. And a few other great Jap cars......Mitsu EvoVII, Impreza WRX & STI, nissan Silvia, Mazda RX-8 and Nissan 350Z (almost here), Toyota Altezza (basically a IS300).

How many American sports cars are there these days? Thats what I thought!!!:hehehe:
Old 03-24-2002, 12:29 AM   #169
Firebird
AF Enthusiast

Hey that hurts, "how many american sports cars are there?" yeah your right not many. at least the ones that are left are still good ones (ZO6 vette, F-bird and Camaro(well at least for one more year ) dodge viper (even thought no one can afford one) the SSR thats coming out has a pretty ass kickin 5.7L 300 something HP (LS1 I think) ) there might be a few more that didn't come to mind but, don't blame it on America blame it on the car buyers they are the ones that decided that weak ugly shitboxes were OK and that sports cars were too impracticle. GM and Ford and all of the other aren't gonna be like "fuck you guys were gonna make powerful RWD sports cars anyway even if you guys don't buy them." thats not the way buisness works you put out whats sells and in America weak ugly shitboxes are whats sells. If I had my way there would be a hell of a lot more sports cars but thats not the way it is. to all of you new car buyers out there who bought all of the shit boxes and made the American sports car market pretty much dissapper thanks a lot :finger4:

oh shit I forgot the Ford Mustang and the Focus SVT as well as the lightning ( if you wanna talk trucks)

1989 Nissan 240sx XE(coupe) stock except K&N air filter, and some of the ugliest wheels ever >.<
Old 03-24-2002, 01:04 AM   #170
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by banchi105
Take a look at that new SRT-10 Ram
Blows the Hades out of the Ford Lightning
Yeah, that SRT-10 Ram is going to kill the Lightning in every way. I think even the new 5.9L Hemi will ba able to keep up with the Lightning. I did see a Hemi Ram on Hot Rod TV a few days ago, and that will kill all three. They took the new Ram, pulled the engine and dropped a 528ci Hemi under the hood. Now Chevy can cram that 454 up their ass. I get sick of hearing them say we have the most powerful V8 when Dodge and Ford offer a V10 that is much more powerful. But I would take a Chevy over a Ford anyday of the week. Dodge is making a power comeback, and they have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and their all out of gum.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:15 AM   #171
topdown
AF Newbie

Wow, you are so right!! I don't know what I could do with that extra $8000 I would save on the mustang anyway! I'd much rather spend it on a little car with less horsepower and less potential. At least I could sit in a parking lot and rev my motor until people think I'm cool!!
Old 03-24-2002, 08:19 AM   #172
topdown
AF Newbie

sorry this thread is so damn long I thought I was on the last page...guess not!! I was just reading the comparison on the mustang gt and s2000, but I don't even know where it went...guess that's done so you can ignore my last post!
Old 03-27-2002, 12:45 AM   #173
gc1chad
AF Newbie

"Firebird", I wasn't raggin on American Sports Cars, I have so much respect for the ZO6, Viper, Camaro SS & Z28, Mustang Cobra, and so on. It just sucks that it seems like American car companies arent making as many sports cars anymore. Your right that it is the buyer however and not so much the car company.
So come on people, buy sports cars not SUV's!
Old 03-31-2002, 09:45 PM   #174
Firebird
AF Enthusiast

Hey it OK I knew exactly whats you ment I just get so pissed off that all I get to see when I drive around is big assed SUV's or crappy assed minivans. when you think about it a F-bird or a stang is way cheaper than an SUV or a minivan and can carry almost as many people I mean if you need it carry more than 5 people (actually F-birds only carry 4 ) Buy a big ol' van or SUV but if you have the money and are only carting your own ass around why the hell would you spend 30,000+ on an SUV? me personally I'd like to save some cash so I'd go with the sports cars. It just pisses me off that Japan and others get to make a whole bunch of sports cars and we get stuck with like 5. I Know sports cars will always be popular and they'll probabily always be around but if we don't start selling more they'll all end up like the F-bird/Camaros on hiatus which could mean a 2 year break or they'll never come back I don't want that to happen and I know a lot of others don't either.

1989 Nissan 240sx XE(coupe) stock except K&N air filter, and some of the ugliest wheels ever >.<
Old 04-01-2002, 12:11 AM   #175
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
No question there Firebird.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:03 AM   #176
Tinseltown349
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tinseltown349
I'm with you on the shitbox situation Firebird. Too many. makes me sad that good money's going to waste on suv's/minivans/and (cough, cough) many many imports. There's some nice rice burners out here, but the vast majority of them do come in stock performance trim plus a full body kit, stickers, and coffee-can exhaust. Our American generation is dumb to let real muscle die like the Camaro and Firebirds. I'm more pissed off because that means my Mustang will be the only option for people to turn to, and I already see enough of them. We're turning this nation's auto-selection into cookie-cutter. I refuse to buy Jap, I'll take the old-school v-8 route until they cease making them, and then, I'll still refuse to get into that 4-banger or v-6 as anything more than my winter-beater. America, today is a sad day...FOR SHAME ON EACH OF YOU.
<---2000 Mustang GT convertible...but no slouch. Possesses Vortech SQ supercharger, custom exhaust, 3.73s, custom suspension, 18X9.5 cobra R's, and others to boot. Give me liberty...or give me death???
Old 04-01-2002, 08:26 PM   #177
Firebird
AF Enthusiast

yeah I know what your saying there are a lot of stangs out there but hey at least they ARE stilll AROUND. I'd give anything to see nothing but Mustangs driving around if it meant that all of those butt ugly Azteks, Avalances, and other SUV's and minivans went away. I personally don't have the cash to buy a new Firebird/Camaro, or Mustang, if I did I would but since I can't I bought the next best thing. I love the sound and feel of a strong American V-8 running through a RWD drivetrain and nothing will ever change that. Which means if all of the cars start going FWD and 4 and 6 cyl. I guess I'll have to stay a used car buyer, but thats fine with me I can always fix them up as long as the aftermarket and junkyards stay around.

Old 04-02-2002, 02:46 AM   #178
Tinseltown349
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tinseltown349
I'd rather drive a used v-8 than a new 4-banging import...
<---2000 Mustang GT convertible...but no slouch. Possesses Vortech SQ supercharger, custom exhaust, 3.73s, custom suspension, 18X9.5 cobra R's, and others to boot. Give me liberty...or give me death???
Old 04-02-2002, 10:29 AM   #179
utvolman99
AF Newbie

Its all very simple...

It all comes down to power to weight ratio...

Imports = light weight + Lower torque
Domestics = heavy weight + high torque

You should do like me and get the best of both worlds. Im in the middle of building a 73 240Z with a hot 350 chevy mill. Lets see here a 2600lb car with 430lb/ft of torque??

Both imports and domestics are great! I feel its really someting to make a 2.0 outrun a 5.0! That IMO is awsome. At the same time import people need to give the locals their due!
Old 04-02-2002, 01:18 PM   #180
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinseltown349
I'd rather drive a used v-8 than a new 4-banging import...
lets take a look ey

a new S15 spec R four banging import produces 260hp and so does the Mustang GT

it all depends on preference if you think the mustang looks better fine i don't i think its incredibly ugly.

and i'd like to make one point the difference isn't 8000 its more about 15000 in response to that 2 post newbie

and 15000 can buy you engine work and the turbo that'll beat you good ey?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing