Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 12:31 AM   #46
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
how bout this one? award on top, close up of plaque on bottom.

or this?

im not the kind of person who makes up shit when i come in here. everything ive said about my car is stuff thats really happened. when i say i won an award, i won that award. when i say i ran a time, i ran that time.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:27 AM   #47
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

I dont th8ink your ca is all stock, loks like you got exhaust on that, and on that plaque, they say modified car, do they mean like engine mods or just the visual stuff, If they are going by actually what car looks the best like a show car, then I dont se a subaru wagon winning any tiume soon.

anyways, that could be your best time, also, how do I know that it is even your slip, I have friends whos I could borow to scan also.

one more thing, I dont see those rims and thr system helping you. one more question, did the guy in the ITR race you woith 3 passengers? and with like a hella expensive show system or something?
Old 03-09-2002, 01:46 AM   #48
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by 94tegRS
I dont th8ink your ca is all stock, loks like you got exhaust on that, and on that plaque, they say modified car, do they mean like engine mods or just the visual stuff, If they are going by actually what car looks the best like a show car, then I dont se a subaru wagon winning any tiume soon.

anyways, that could be your best time, also, how do I know that it is even your slip, I have friends whos I could borow to scan also.

one more thing, I dont see those rims and thr system helping you. one more question, did the guy in the ITR race you woith 3 passengers? and with like a hella expensive show system or something?
my car has a universal muffler and an intake. thats it for engine mods. as for u thinking a subaru wagon doesnt look like a show car, well looks are an opinion and i guess the judges thought it did. of course the timeslips and the trophy i had displayed helped. plus the fact that i was the only car there that wasnt a honda acura or mitsubishi probably got me points too, a car show is about being origional, and when there are 10 types of one car there, and only one of the other, that one car definately gets more points. not to mention running a 2002 car in what at the time was 2001 helps with the impressive factor too.

i dont guess i can prove that slip is mine. next time i go to the track ill have someone take a damn video of my run if youre all that bent on not believing. actually if the guy still has it on camera, i have a 13.1 second run on video already in mpg format, ill try to find him tomorrow.

the rims are stock size, and lighter than the stock wheels, so i doubt they hurt me any. but i had stock wheels at the time i raced the itr anyway so it dont matter. i didnt have the system at the time either. the itr had intake, header, exhaust, i know this cuz i specifically asked him and looked at it all myself after we raced. and no he didnt have a passenger in his car, and that was one of the few times i didnt have a passenger either cuz i anticipated a close race. if i had carried a passenger like i usually do he woulda took me, we were within .05 seconds. i dont know if he had a system, but he was rolling on 18's and that aint helping none in a motor without much low end or torque like that. hence the reason i have 15's. he would prob take me now with the system. although i dunno, i anticipate hitting 12.7's next time at the track considering how bad i smoked this v8 truck yesterday who runs 12.9s and i beat him 3 times in a row. i guess well see.

remember, this is a car that a civic ex with i/h/e and a 75 shot of nitrous cant even touch. i dont know where u people are seeing your slow subarus but they need to learn to control their cars and extract the most potential from them. theres a lot more to it than going to redline and dropping the clutch.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:52 AM   #49
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

well, yah, it is my oppinion, also, good job on thr trophy and about the rims, I was told by les schwab that the revos only came in white and black on a 17" rim and anything else wa plain silver
Old 03-09-2002, 01:54 AM   #50
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

.... but looking closer shows they arent revos at all! :apuke:
Old 03-09-2002, 02:09 AM   #51
LjasonL
Some Guy

yeah theyre motegi racing mr7's. theres like a 4 week waiting list to get those in silver or white but theyre in stock in black, i guess im the only one who likes black wheels? if u see them in person they look bigger than 15's i had a guy ask me the other day if they were 17s :hehe:
Old 03-09-2002, 04:12 AM   #52
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Uhm...I wanna see under your hood. That looks an awful lot like the turbo Wagons...as far as I know, the non-turbo Subarus (i.e., Imprezas, Outbacks, etc...) get the rectangular lights, and only the turbos get the "Dodge Neon" fascia.
Old 03-09-2002, 04:28 AM   #53
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Also, anybody else notice the small marking on the bottom-left of the back his car that look awfully like a "W" and an "R" and an "X"?
Old 03-09-2002, 12:15 PM   #54
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
its pretty obvious its a WRX i guessed that ages ago

the front bumper is the thing to look at
Old 03-09-2002, 12:41 PM   #55
cybercrx00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cybercrx00 Send a message via Yahoo to cybercrx00
I though WRX's had scoops on the hood for the intercoolers
Old 03-09-2002, 02:50 PM   #56
LjasonL
Some Guy

cybercrx00 is correct wrx's have hood scoops. here is my motor. notoe the air intake straight to the throtte body. NO turbo, NO intercooler.

if u think they look like wrx emblems look here

Old 03-09-2002, 06:10 PM   #57
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
hahaha it fooled me
Old 03-09-2002, 06:30 PM   #58
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by NSX-R-SSJ20K
hahaha it fooled me
haha, believe me youre not the 1st. ive had a lot of people tell me "hey nice wrx"
Old 03-09-2002, 11:25 PM   #59
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Fooled me too. Oh well...you must abuse the hell out of your car to get the times your getting...
Old 03-14-2002, 02:08 PM   #60
'00TypeR
AF Newbie

LOL you guys are funny. anyways, who said it's uncommon for a type R to hit 14's? whoever said that bring your ass to the strip and i'll run 14's all day. dumbass that said that. and yes i have much respects for the wrx, it is pretty fast i must say. my best friend has a silver one and we drag all the time. i'll tell you this right now, it comes down to the driver. i;ve driven his car many of times and he's drove mine. we've dragged back and forth. the cars are pretty much even just depends on the start. but i'll tell you this, when we go autoX and to the track, i destroy his ass. the wrx isn't that great of a track car, it just needs to stick to rally.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing