Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 11:19 PM   #31
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Eclipse GST = 14.9 quater. Exactly, not all that fast...
Old 02-13-2002, 07:51 AM   #32
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

I've hung with a GST before with my Prelude, actually I was ahead of him until about 60-70 MPH when he caught back up, it was definitely a good race though.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:31 AM   #33
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
yea funny i want to race from rolling starts

god damn STFU

do i care????

A win is a win a loss is a loss get over it If i can get an advantage anyway i can i'll use it. As long as i don't have to run into the other guys car!!!!
Old 02-13-2002, 11:03 AM   #34
ReyKe
AF Newbie

the sad part about this post is if someone came on ph and said hey i whooped upon a t5 volvo then everyone would flame as to why your picking on an old man in a volvo but if volvo does something then everyone drop's his pants and goes crazy lol its the damn double standard and it sucks booooooohhhhhh

have four never been used ITR pistons and rings with .25 overbore if your interested email me
Old 02-13-2002, 11:38 AM   #35
BoosterSH
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl

whoever was in the wrx needs to learn to drive...
WRX Ran a 13.6

GSR Ran a 13.2

They were both good drivers, the GSR had to much power. I guess it wasnt exactly an ass whooping, but u saw the fast and the furious....dont matter if you win by an inch or a.........eh who cares......
Old 02-13-2002, 01:33 PM   #36
RunninSOHC
Banned

Thumbs down There are slow Preludes

The Prelude needs VTEC otherwise it is not that fast. Some Preludes They never should have made in the first place (Prelude S....for Slackin). I wonder what the Prelude S with VTEC would be like? Once I rode in a 92 Prelude Non-VTEC with an intake........man that was fast......and Non Vtec......I declared it another one of a kind DOHC. If you have a Non Vtec Prelude you need to seriously about going H22a before you pour any money into a NON VTEC engine.....
The fastest Prelude is a VTEC one from the fourth generation. Fourth Generation Preludes are Lighter than the Fifth Gen Ones, that's why they dip even though the new ones have a couple extra hp. Once you put an intake on a fourth generation prelude with vtec it bring the beast out of the Prelude
Old 02-13-2002, 01:54 PM   #37
RunninSOHC
Banned

Thumbs down Sorry Eclipse Owners

I'm sorry to let it dawn upon everyone who has an Eclipse......but they're incredibly ugly and incredibly slow and incredibly unreliable.
RS Oh so slow
GS Very very slow
GST Very very slow GS + Turbo.....Ever wonder why GST's are always in the shop? Because the little puny slow engine can't handle Turbo. Also, the fact that it's Mitibishi... too
It's funny how someone with an eclipse gs thought they would beat my 94 Civic EX stock with intake and exaust resonater removed with 2.25 piping to stock muffler............Each of us raced with a passenger....They raced on my right side, the side the intake points. They heard the intake Then kept asking what was in my car He kept swearing that my engine must be Jap-Spec... I was
like O.K. I told him it was just an intake and custom exaust. And this Eclipse had a bunch of mods imaginable including a lot of stickers that add horsepower. It just made a bunch of noiseThe only reason I would want to race an Eclipse is if they are acting like an ass thinking their car is fast....Then you gotta rub it in. As for Turbo...Give me another car with turbo or major speed and the GST is dead. Civic EX with Turbo kills any Eclipse you can come up with. And the Eclipse from Fast and furios is fake. A real GST is not loud even with an RS Racing Style Exaust. For some reason the turbo quiets the exaust, I seen it on a GST
Old 02-13-2002, 01:56 PM   #38
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

Putting on an intake will hardly bring out the beast in anything. And what do you mean I wonder what a Prelude type S would be like with VTEC? Honda did make 4th Gen VTEC Preludes you know so that's what a "Prelude type S with VTEC" would be like.
:huh:
Old 02-13-2002, 02:15 PM   #39
buh_buh
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to buh_buh
Quote:
Originally posted by supafly1024
Putting on an intake will hardly bring out the beast in anything. And what do you mean I wonder what a Prelude type S would be like with VTEC? Honda did make 4th Gen VTEC Preludes you know so that's what a "Prelude type S with VTEC" would be like.
:huh:
yeah, I agree. Wouldn't the Prelude VTEC be like a Prelude S with VTEC?
Prelude S with VTEC probably wouldn't be as powerful as the VTEC model, but why would you rather experience something that's not as good? Why not just feel the VTEC version of it? Its like being able to buy a Ferarri F355, but instead you would rather want a Porche Boxter.
AF Nordic Crew #3
Old 02-13-2002, 02:22 PM   #40
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Re: Sorry Eclipse Owners

Quote:
Originally posted by RunninSOHC
GS Very very slow
GST Very very slow GS + Turbo.....Ever wonder why GST's are always in the shop? Because the little puny slow engine can't handle Turbo.

the non turbo eclipses have the chrystler 420a motor, the turbos have the mitsubishi 4g63. so no, a gst is not a gs+turbo.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:06 PM   #41
RunninSOHC
Banned

Wrong Info

Oh, I always though a GST was a GS + turbo, that would explain why it's so slow......But the GST is still a small and slow engine.....

PRELUDE VTEC IS NOT PRELUDE S + VTEC
In the Fourth Generation the Prelude S is SOHC while Prelude VTEC is DOHC......So A Prelude S Vtec would be much slower still than a Prelude VTEC H22a
Old 02-13-2002, 03:33 PM   #42
BoosterSH
AF Enthusiast

I gotta agree on one thing, drive a car thats non-vtec and then get in one that is. There is no equal.

SOHC ------------------->
DOHC VTEC ------------>:jump:
Old 02-13-2002, 04:15 PM   #43
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
Quote:
Originally posted by NSX-R-SSJ20K
Eclipse GST's are slower i know for a fact I can beat them and as for the WRX it weights more than 500lbs less than a volvo and still has 224hp he also has better traction.

RX7's have 280hp but it also has rotary's it is also more than 500lbs less in weight .. Now if i took the engine out and put it into the S40 then i'd be able to take out that WRX.

i could beat an older RX7 i dunno about a newer one .... I prolly could beat a mustang if i was an aggressive shifter ..

The only problem with racing a WRX is that the greatest Acceleration only occurs when the turbo spools up since the turbo is bigger it would take longer .

Rolling start i might take him :flash:

only problem is that the gearing is to tall and the car weights too much ...

I've raced a Supra TT before and kept up to around 75 where his car kept accelerating at a constant rate whilst mine just died off
You kept up with a Supra TT and can beat an older RX-7?!? Dang, what the crap do those Volvo's run in the quarter now-a-days? I know a supra TT runs like a 13.7 or something close to that.

Oh and about the turbo on the WRX... I don't think that the size of the turbo(compressor), in itself, has a whole lot to do with turbo lag. It depends on the size and angle of the turbine blades. And the maintenance and compression have something to do with it also. I am not really sure on this, but I just think it makes sense... so feel free to make fun of me if you know better than I.

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21

Last edited by 91HBSi; 02-13-2002 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:44 PM   #44
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Quote:
Originally posted by BoosterSH
I gotta agree on one thing, drive a car thats non-vtec and then get in one that is. There is no equal.

SOHC ------------------->
DOHC VTEC ------------>:jump:
SOHC VTEC BABY!!! :flash: :toothless

Old 02-13-2002, 09:30 PM   #45
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
yea it would have a good quater if it was a six speed manual but its not and its a five speed auto five speeds are faster than manuals (apparently well thats what its like with the 300ZX TT) the thing with the Supra was that i hit 75 and it died like it skipped a gear it pissed me off so i dunno but the gearing gets really long from then on cuz the gearing is set for 155mph.

anyway enough of this thread .....

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing