Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 11:15 PM   #91
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
o ok
Old 03-14-2002, 10:38 PM   #92
brads94accord
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to brads94accord Send a message via AIM to brads94accord
omg i sooooo call BS you drive a frigin civic those are slowest cars made by honda other than the insight. even with new rods and race gas and all that other BS your still only pushing around 170hp. i beat lightly modded civics all the time in my accord and my accord is slow as hell. that says a lot about civics there. an SS has about 340hp and a tt rx-7 has around 260 hp. thats why i hate almost all civic drivers, cause they think they have the fastest cars on the road. but some of them realize their cars are slow and accept that. i even think accords are slow. a civic is an economy car!! and an accord is a family car!!
16" konig reigns
3.25 inch drop on sprints and bec-techs.
clears all around, intake, custom rear section exhaust
farenheight plasma xenon headlights
click for my website
Old 03-14-2002, 11:04 PM   #93
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by brads94accord
omg i sooooo call BS you drive a frigin civic those are slowest cars made by honda other than the insight. even with new rods and race gas and all that other BS your still only pushing around 170hp. i beat lightly modded civics all the time in my accord and my accord is slow as hell. that says a lot about civics there. an SS has about 340hp and a tt rx-7 has around 260 hp. thats why i hate almost all civic drivers, cause they think they have the fastest cars on the road. but some of them realize their cars are slow and accept that. i even think accords are slow. a civic is an economy car!! and an accord is a family car!!
This is what Midol is for...

You'd think a freakin' Civic killed his pet or sumthin...
Old 03-14-2002, 11:20 PM   #94
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
ill bet i could take your accord. wanna put some money on it?
Old 03-19-2002, 12:36 AM   #95
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Quote:
Originally posted by kidrocket
ill bet i could take your accord. wanna put some money on it?
I hate to add to this madness.(No I dont!)

But, Brad, you're being ridiculous with this whole "death to Civics" thing. There are fast Civics out there. In fact, SCC just had an article about a Civic that hits 185.

And, based on kidrocket's mod list, he could beat your accord

sorry

Old 03-19-2002, 12:43 AM   #96
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

this thread is a sticky some one make it that i wanna see the girls time slips still
Old 03-21-2002, 07:31 PM   #97
brads94accord
AF Enthusiast

i never said that i could beat him. i never wanted to start a race or anything. my accord is slow. i'll admit there are some fast civics, but the majority of them are slow as hell and the people that drive them(the slow civics) think that the cars are fast. but what i was getting at is the whole thing about racing a tt rx-7 and an ss camaro is BS. a kid in my chem class says his 97 civic dx 4 door with (these are the exact words out of his mouth) "forced cold air induction system" and "motec system exhaust" ran an 11 in the quarter mile the other night, and a 14 last night. i just laughed and walked away, knowing that motec makes engine managment system and doesn't make exhaust. people like that are the ones i hate. but the folks that actually know what they are doing and do the right mods to their car for the most power gains are the people i am cool with.
16" konig reigns
click for my website
Old 03-21-2002, 07:34 PM   #98
brads94accord
AF Enthusiast

obtw i am talking about the people in thei dx,lx, and ex civics. i am cool with si's and the people with si and teggy motor swaps.
16" konig reigns
click for my website
Old 03-21-2002, 10:05 PM   #99
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Well, I understand you point a little better now. Some people in slow Civics do think theyre fast. But the way you were talking before made it sound like you think ALL civics are slow and CAN'T be fast.

BTW, smack that kid in your chem class for me. I'm sure you wanted to when he said it. Any driver who goes to the track one day and runs 11's then goes the next day to run 14's needs to be taking his Motec exhaust, Jackson Racing Turbocharger, Wings West CAI, and AEM racing slicks back to Pep Boys.

Old 03-21-2002, 10:20 PM   #100
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

clarity is good when it comes to making an arguement think about that before you post again

and yes dx engines suck
Old 03-21-2002, 10:46 PM   #101
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
i got no beef brad, not like my mod list is extensive or anything lol
Old 03-21-2002, 11:03 PM   #102
MadDog06
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MadDog06
Quote:
a kid in my chem class says his 97 civic dx 4 door with (these are the exact words out of his mouth) "forced cold air induction system" and "motec system exhaust" ran an 11 in the quarter mile the other night, and a 14 last night.
They probly said something about a "motec system exhaust" in The fast N the furious....
Old 03-22-2002, 02:59 PM   #103
brads94accord
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by MadDog06

They probly said something about a "motec system exhaust" in The fast N the furious....
yeah, i was like youve been watching fast and the furious too much. motec doesn't make exhuast, they make engine management systems for race cars. he didn't even know what an engine management system is, then he tells me, im a momma's boy, my mom bought my car, rims, "forced cold air induction system", and motec exhaust, and the "cobra eye" lights. i was like well i work for all of my mods, and the ones i do, i research on and get the ones that would boost my power the best. oh yeah he says the drag strip he races at is called "speed zone" he said they made it from measuring a quarter mile on some back road in the boonies, and they use a stop watch. he also says hes getting "an 8 pound turbo" in a few weeks. i told him to come to one of our meets this weekend and we're all gonna roast on him, and show him whats up.
16" konig reigns
click for my website
Old 03-22-2002, 03:08 PM   #104
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:
he also says hes getting "an 8 pound turbo" in a few weeks.
NIIICE... :hehe: :hehehe:
Old 03-22-2002, 04:09 PM   #105
S2Corolla
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S2Corolla
??? I don't know if you guys gave up or what not, but I back up carrrnut on what he said about the whole MPH thing. My friend has a 1996 Integra GS-R, really mint condition. He let me run it against this IROC-Z. I beat the IROC Z by a car length, and I know for a FACT, we hit 155, because we raced all the way into the GSR's middle fifth gear. I remember looking at the speedo, it goes up to 145 or 150 I think. It just says 140 and it has markers after that, and it maxed it out and I went for like ten seconds passed maxing it out. I talked to the guy in the IROC and he said he was about to hit 160 and he just flashed me with the high beams because the race was over at like 85, but he didn't want to lose.
Oh and on LS-Vtec... Dude if that girl has a hatch back, then hell yeah it's possible she beat an SS. Let me tell you something. Drag racing is different from any type of form of street racing. Drag racing, you NEED rwd torque to get off the line because of the strip, but on street there's pavement, or gravel, and both cars have a fair shot. Now my friend has a 95' Camaro Z28, it's 5 speed, I don't think they had the 6 speed's yet... And he got his ass handed to him by a hatchback with a GSR motor. I'm talking about getting smoked BAD. And the GSR was stock. An SS is only about half a second, maybe less, faster than a Z28. The Z28 pulls in 13.9 and the SS pulls in 13.5. That GSR hatch had to have at least a second or more off the Z28's. And I know for a fact LSVtecs can pull more hp than a GSR because of the midrange hp and the high rpm horsepower of Vtec. All it is is an LS motor, which has really good midrange hp that get's good high rpm horsepower because of the valve timing of a vtec head. The main reason LS motors are sorry in high rpm is because they don't have vtec so their valves don't open up more. So it is HIGHLY possible that she gave that Camaro SS the sleep. And I wouldn't LET a girl beat me if she was cute. I'd beat her. A girl isn't going to give you the light of day if you LET her beat you. They don't like giveaways, come on, I thought you guys knew about women. They like competition, but they like guys that try and don't give them the advantage just because they're hot.

Props on the kill GURLSVTEC, I believe you.
I thought these guys would back you up coz they're from Honda, but I guess not.
Current Mods: P&P head, custom cold air intake.