Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What pisses you off about the Import Scene?
Imports with more stickers that horsepower? 32 52.46%
Domestic cars trying too hard to be Imports? 3 4.92%
The scene sometimes being called the "asian scene"? 8 13.11%
The bull we get from cops for an after market catback on our gas sippin car as a 5mpg muscle car roars by? 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 11:00 AM   #61
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
That sounds great I will have to attend/participate!

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
Old 12-11-2001, 11:45 AM   #62
MAD_C_ZN
AF Newbie

I don't see what's so hot about imports anyway! They can have their
stinkin low boy honda's and keep their acura RSX in the garage. Celica's, don't even get me started.

I've beat just about all of the above (the ones i haven't, i haven't raced)
in my 1982 Pontiac Parisienne STOCK. (That's a Catalina if that helps
at all).

Why sink 60grand or more into a civic when you can get a vette for
the same price and leave them eatin your ass anyway?

The whole rice scene makes me sick, and spending Daddy's money
on a car that you don't know how to drive makes me vomit out the
window all over my paint job! I mean, work for your car and THEN
talk it up, don't just cruise around and act like you're all that!

Honestly i can't figure it out. Vette, Viper, Camaro, Trans AM are
the only way to go.

In conclusion, if you want to stay domestic but want something different
to make as a street king, get yourself a Pontiac Aztek. A buddy of mine
works for GM, and has seen the Shelby GT version of the Aztek that Pontiac built for fun. That thing looks like hell, and sounds like a joke,
but when you step on the gas, it makes the Trans Am cry!

My name is MAD_C_ZN and I AM CANADIAN!
Old 12-11-2001, 12:09 PM   #63
NB8CT
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MAD_C_ZN
I don't see what's so hot about imports anyway!

I've beat just about all of the above (the ones i haven't, i haven't raced)
in my 1982 Pontiac Parisienne STOCK. (That's a Catalina if that helps
at all).

The whole rice scene makes me sick, and spending Daddy's money
on a car that you don't know how to drive makes me vomit out the
window all over my paint job! I mean, work for your car and THEN
talk it up, don't just cruise around and act like you're all that!

Honestly i can't figure it out. Vette, Viper, Camaro, Trans AM are
the only way to go.

In conclusion, if you want to stay domestic but want something different
to make as a street king, get yourself a Pontiac Aztek

My name is MAD_C_ZN and I AM CANADIAN!
First I just wanna say, stay the hell up in Canada ok, damn dude what up your ass?

I dont see what is so hot about your 1982 Pontiac Catalina (I think I put some of that stuff on my salad last night, I ate it up good)

Also I spend MY own money on MY own car, and I bet I could drive your car better than you can, not that I would wana drive such a POS.

Vette, Viper, Camaro, Trans AM, the only way to go if ya wanna be bored and wana waste $$$.

And get the fuck outa here with your damn Aztec shit! You call yourself an "Auto Enthusiast"?

Sorry man but you just pissed me off, you come in here just to talk shit, do you see us going over and talking shit in the domestic forums? I know at least i dont. If all you wana do is talk shit, then do it somewhere else, I asked what pisses people off about the import scene, not if they liked it or not. If you dont like it then dont read about it ok

Last edited by NB8CT; 12-11-2001 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 12:08 PM   #64
MaxBoost1990
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MaxBoost1990 Send a message via Yahoo to MaxBoost1990
Man, why is it people come to a forum for imports and post about domestics kicking the'r rear!! Dude, you need help. My cousin paid 10 times more for his vette and my Daytona still beats it. BTW, it's an LT-1 vette, and I have a STOCK 2.5 liter Turbo with 120,000 MILES ON IT!!! Just because sport compacts don't have the diplacement doesn't mean they are slow. Where you use brute force, we have to use our brains. You turn a bolt, we reprogram. And as for you salad dressing for a car, BRING IT ON!!! Unless your too afraid to get your tail burned. You'd be lucky to have enough time to see my taillights as I blow by you. Nuff said,

Sorry NBBCT about getting rowdy on your thread. This Dork needed a reality check.. BW, whos' 300zx is that in the background on your one pic?
Old 12-12-2001, 01:22 PM   #65
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Ok buddy! The whole point of fixing up are cars is to be different! Sure some cars look the same, but there is always something different. No matter what it is! If everyone went out and bought Vettes, Vipers, Camaro's, and Trans Am's; we would all be the same! That sucks ASS! If I invested half of what a Viper costs into my car, I could smoke any Viper on the street. If you don't believe me do some research!

By the way, Smoked some litte doof in a Catalina the other day. He thought he had some tough shit....Well he's probably at home right now with a torque wrench trying to put his car back together.

As for my Daddy he really does not like that I am fixing up my car. < "MY CAR!" with "MY MONEY" that "I EARN"

So, if you have a one sided opinion stay the hell out!

"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
Old 12-12-2001, 09:15 PM   #66
NB8CT
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxBoost1990
. You turn a bolt, we reprogram. BW, whos' 300zx is that in the background on your one pic?
Hell yea I like that, I think that needs to go in a book somewhere under, quotes of the decade or something.
The Z is my good friend's, if you wana see more click on either of the links below the pictures.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:40 PM   #67
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
its mine right? come on, its the holidays!!! i know its my present!
Old 12-13-2001, 06:23 AM   #68
Yogi_B
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Yogi_B
The import cars you guys mention are mostly shit.
I mean, a civic taking on a tuned V8, thats just stupid, as you can tell I don't really like hondas.
But here in NZ we get the real imports. Skylines, Evo's, Sti's, the list goes on. If you were to take on those cars then you would have a very tough time.
Old 12-13-2001, 06:29 AM   #69
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Id take a 3rd gen RX7, Supra, or Z over any of those three cars.....no, honestly....
Old 12-13-2001, 09:20 AM   #70
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Thank YOU!

If the guy's got NISMO in his name you've got to love him. I would take my Z over anything...Well having a Skyline would not be so bad! Regardless I would not trade my Z for any muscle car. I just love it to much. Plus sure you may be able to beat me in a straight line. Well lets go race on a road track, and see who comes out ahead!

Late!

Old 12-13-2001, 01:24 PM   #71
NB8CT
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonZX
Plus sure you may be able to beat me in a straight line. Well lets go race on a road track, and see who comes out ahead!
Dont get mr started on handling, my Miata can do some amazing things. I once got this buick GN to follow me to where I wanted to race. He ducked out after he saw that it was a twisty road. That was great cuz he knew he would walk away from me on the staight, but one we hit the turns, i would take it. That was fun.

NismoDrifts - I think he just decided to sell the Z acually. In leu of a '95 Supra TT.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:13 AM   #72
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Yogi_B: Thank you thanks you thank you! I've arrived to this thread late it seems and all I keep seeing is Civic, Vette, Accord, Viper, and that kind of tripe. Those arn't import sports cars! the Civic and that class of car is a friggin economy sedan! The sports cars are Skyline GT-Rs, RX-7s, Supra's, NSX's, and 300ZX's. I mean shit! I've put in my 2 cents in a few Import vs. Domestic arguments and this is what I have to say. Apples and oranges!!! Yer compairing apples and oranges! Now if we want to debate the high points of both types of cars we can put several pro's on the board for both! Now to all you out there who say that all imports are shitty, how about this import. Nissan Skyline R33 V-Spec. I saw one for sale in NZ for 26,000 usd, AND it had 560 hp at the wheels, oh yea, thats all 4 wheels for you import haters who don't know what ATTESSA is.
Now I will say this, I like Japanese sports cars, I would give my right nut for a skyline. But thats my favorite car because it is a well rounded car that handles all situations with apparent ease for less then you would pay for a vetta (If you get a used one). However I'm not going to shit on any other cars because they arn't japanese. I'd kill for a 550 Marenello, F355, 911 TT, Peugeot 406 all because they are spectacular looking and performing cars. Now for the other side of the wall that I would kill for. Lets see, Grand Nationals (can we say spend 25k and run with the vettes?), Viper RT/10 oh hell, any viper! Z06, C5, Hemi Cudas, Chevelle, 67 SS Camaro (I'm not to fond of the newer marrows but hell, I'd take one if some one gave me one!)
Now every single car I've mentioned in this post is, IMHO, a great car. Who gives two shits and a fuck were it came from!? You drive what you like I'll drive what I like. Respect other peoples personal preferences and recognize a sweet ass car when you see one.

Peace, Love, and Internal Combustion

Oh yes, and I will not take responsibility for any misspellings in this post as I was very energized and typed it very quickly so
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 12-15-2001, 03:57 PM   #73
NB8CT
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonthrax
Those arn't import sports cars! the Civic and that class of car is a friggin economy sedan! The sports cars are Skyline GT-Rs, RX-7s, Supra's, NSX's, and 300ZX's
I beg to differ, I am just as tired of hondas as the next guy, but take a look at the civic type R, integra type R, accord type R, and various SiR cars and I think that you will see that they are not just people movers, but well rounded performance orientated cars that can be just as fun as any high price car. The truth is, I think that anybody in America would go out and buy a used R34 GTR or EvoVII, but we cant. And about the cars that you mention that are on US soil, some of us just can't afford them (Hell i have driven my uncles NSX, i would sell my soul for that thing) and thats why we have semi-econoboxes triying to be performance cars crouding the streets. Most of the people in the import crowd are kids, from 16~21 (I know there are other but as far as i know that is the majority) and i know that, at least i, couldn't afford the FD3S that I wanted, so I went with the miata. So i think that when a kid like me gets my miata, a notoriously slow car, to be able to hang with vettes and like, it makes us feel as if we have done something more, with a whole bunch less. And if we can take a sedan, intended to haul people, make it haul ass, and make it able to spank a high $$ car, it feels great that we didnt have to spend all that $$ that the dude it domestic did. bottom line is that you can take anycar, and make it beat any other car if you pour enough cash into it.
Old 12-15-2001, 05:25 PM   #74
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
RICARONI! :bandit:
Old 12-15-2001, 10:43 PM   #75
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

TELL IT NB8CT!

Yeah, thats pretty much how it is. Domestic guys go out and BUY their performance cars, they want a fast car, they buy a chevelle or vette. Import people MAKE THEIR PERFORMANCE CAR! Usually, we do it for less too......and, yeah, id be hella proud of myself for making a miata that can run with a vette......