Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What pisses you off about the Import Scene?
Imports with more stickers that horsepower? 32 52.46%
Domestic cars trying too hard to be Imports? 3 4.92%
The scene sometimes being called the "asian scene"? 8 13.11%
The bull we get from cops for an after market catback on our gas sippin car as a 5mpg muscle car roars by? 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 12:27 AM   #1
NB8CT
Banned

Angry What pisses you off about the Import Scene?

I have heard what people DO like about the Import scene and what it has become, what about what you don't like. Everything I listed on the poll I dislike about it the whole thing. Don't get me wrong though i still love it! Hey and if I missed something that rubs you the wrong way about the scene, gripe in the thread. Thats why I made it!
Old 12-07-2001, 08:59 AM   #2
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
I would have to say everyone of those except the bottom one disagrees with me. Because one, I hate fart pipes, and two I like muscle cars. But the rest really get under my skin.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:32 AM   #3
SickLude
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SickLude
cocky sons of bitches. heres to you baby...:flamer: :cry:
Old 12-07-2001, 10:00 AM   #4
NB8CT
Banned

:finger: :finger: What the hell does that that mean?? I should add sicklude to things that piss me off .
Old 12-07-2001, 01:35 PM   #5
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I'm dissapointed in the general lack of knowledge among them. Not that they have to know anything, its just that there are lots of people there who claim to know what they're talking about, but are full of shit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-07-2001, 02:10 PM   #6
NB8CT
Banned

Yea thats the truth!
Old 12-07-2001, 03:04 PM   #7
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
How about none of the choices.... what I hate are those huge exhausts on the little 4 bangers, what's the point of having a 4" tip when you can clearly see the 2" pipe going into the muffler. I also hate all the damn stickers, I mean who is that really for? Do you want to advertise? Finally I hate all the cars that get the body kits and what not to be unique but they all end up looking the same. There is very little originality out there. Same body kits, the color yellow, and half-assing every mod because the real deal is too expensive.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:06 PM   #8
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
And the kids that have the decked out cars that are ALWAYS out for a race. Gotta go to the store to pick up some milk... might as well race. They usually end up trying to find out which one can hit that telephone up there first.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:12 PM   #9
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
I dunno, i hate all that stuff. I dont have much a problem with domestics trying to be imports (hell, i drive a cavalier, think i can hang with the hardcore domestics?! lol). But, im entirely anti-racism, so the "Asian" scene thing is f***d up to me. Rice is messed up, if im gonna put a big advertisement banner on my car, i wanna be paid for it. On that same note, why have stickers for all of your mods on your car? You can just add up all the mods to the cars performance and do the race with pen and paper pretty much You gotta keep some things a suprise.

Of it all though, two things i hate
1. People that get pissed about a race.
2. People who race in areas that PUT OTHER PEOPLE IN DANGER DAMMIT!!!!!

ok, thats enough from me, bye now
representin' Tofu Krew! member #17

Proud member and coat checker of AF's Lazy Krew.....zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

Old 12-07-2001, 05:20 PM   #10
kris
Off playing with fire.

Here is one thing that pisses me off.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t14376.html
Old 12-07-2001, 07:07 PM   #11
PART
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to PART
My high school was about 70 percent asian so there was always way to many POS rice burners around and i got soooo much shit from people for my 86 camaro that to this day i would have to say that im a lil biased towards imports although i do respect the occasionally well built 300zx, supra tt or rx-7 here in the states
Old 12-08-2001, 08:20 PM   #12
amxracer
AF Newbie

man i hate ricers! i dont mind people makin their cars look nice, ie grilles etc. but why put a wing on if you dont go fast enough to need it. why put stickers of mods or engines you dont even have? it makes no sense. even if you do have nos why advertise? havent they ever heard of sleepers? fooling your opponent? man one of the dumbest things ive ever seen on a car was at highschool 2 months ago. the guy has a stock civic(pretty much) with a wing that sticks up a foot in the air and a pipe. i could stand this, until one day he decided to put on a 4" tip! the pipe came out flush to the back bumper. so the tip sorta just hung there, literally. it didnt even come out straight! o well someone musta told him cause he took it off the next day! well thats enough outta me
Old 12-08-2001, 09:56 PM   #13
tweaker76
AF Regular

I don't get it either.

I hate seeing little four bangers all dressed up with no mods. It's like compensation for something.

This is where I like muscle cars (55'-74'). The exterior works, and the engine works. The only problem is that muscle cars have nasty out of date interiors. Yucky!

The imports work when they are actually sports cars. I still don't understanding moding an altima or an accord. Help me here. And why even bother with a Civic. Is it the weight? It's like saying you're gonna mod a honda scouter to race a ninja. I'm bloody confused.

Tweak
Old 12-08-2001, 10:54 PM   #14
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
People mod 4 bangers coz theyre affordable enough to let the average everyday joe ricer to go out and have some fun.......with other 4 bangers....this is also why the teens are usually the ones with the 4 bangers, cash straps.

im sure theyd all have 8 or 10 "bangers" if they could afford it

You can squeeze a lot of power out of a 4 banger if you do it right, maybe not as much as other engines, but its still good for what ya got.

Rice, however, ISNT performance, so thats a whole different thing.
representin' Tofu Krew! member #17

Proud member and coat checker of AF's Lazy Krew.....zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

Old 12-08-2001, 11:08 PM   #15
MaxBoost1990
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MaxBoost1990 Send a message via Yahoo to MaxBoost1990
I'd have to say the first and last are about equal, although I do like domestic muscle cars.. Just cant stand poor cops...

BTW, nice Ride Polygon! About an 88-89 ish? Are you 2.2 or 2.5?