Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #1
mut66lax
AF Newbie

01 YUKON factory amp wiring...

I NEED to find a wiring diagram of the factory amp so I can check the input/output for music... thanks

I had an after-market deck installed; it aws taken out (teft) not ripped or cut... i got me a new deck to put in, and installed the woring harness and everything, but no noise to speakers, so i started tracking down the problem. checked to see if sound was entering the truck (comming out of factory harnees) it was, check to see if speakers wer blown they are not, checked to see if soud getting to speakers it is not. this leads me to believe that it is the factory amp. so i need to check this hence the need to find a wiring diagram for it.
thanks again
mut
mut66lax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
okwaho
AF Newbie

no sound

check behind where your factory deck was and see if there is another wire harness behind it it has about five to seven wires in it i have the same problem with mine had no sound until i plugged that harness back in on the stock radio that is ,also mine has on star, if yours has on star are you aware that removing factory radio will disable on star unless you get a interface for your deck well hope that helps you a little (probably not though ) let us know what happens if and how you got it working also if you plan on useing the stock amp there is is a interface for that also called oem 1 made by pac may be easier to just install an aftermarket amp and run your own wires (it aint that easy )

Last edited by okwaho; 03-07-2004 at 10:29 PM.
okwaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Yukon49
AF Newbie

Re: 01 YUKON factory amp wiring...

I just bought a 2001 SLT and have ordered the complete service/maintenance manual which includes all the electrical wiring schematics and diagrams. I expect it to arrive in another couple of weeks. I'll post a note in this thread when it arrives and if you still need the info you can let me know.
Yukon49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
okwaho
AF Newbie

would like to know if disableing onstar by removeing stock stero has any effect on anything engine ,electrical ,or anything else thanks
okwaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
kasabolt
AF Newbie

Re: 01 YUKON factory amp wiring...

i was wondering if you could soot me the specs on the wiring from your book im trying to add some aftermarket stuff and running into some walls
kasabolt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon