Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 01:05 PM   #1
WickedMethod
AF Newbie

NSX Just 2 expensive!!

Who thinks da NSX is 2 expensive for it performance???

290 hp for $80,000 dat just crazy on a V6 too....... Honda can do better.......... U can Buy 2 vets for dat price with 400 Hp..... OR almost 3 S2000 wich only comes with about 40 hp less than da NSX.... and u could another $4,000 dollars to put an supercharger on da S2000 and you'll have more than enough power to take on an NSX..........FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICEHonda should be getting about 350 form dat engine.... THey DOnt NEed a V8 .......... Dat's just a selling scam so people would buy it...........

I think Honda has 2 options:
1. MORE HORSEPOWER....LOTS OF IT....I think Da ACura RL makes more than NSX on wat is basically Da same engine

2. BRing da COst down so it can be competive.......
Old 08-29-2002, 01:16 PM   #2
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
You are obviously not the NSX's target buyer.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:24 PM   #3
WickedMethod
AF Newbie

OH Really!!! then who is Some stupid rich guy who has nutting else to spend their money except on a car whose styling copies dat of a ferrari??? or whose performance can be beaten by a supped up integra or TT supra ( wich cost about $35 grand less for EXTREMELY better performance) OR some rich guy who SIMPLY doesnt KNOE any BEtter???
Old 09-09-2002, 06:30 PM   #4
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af
You are obviously not the NSX's target buyer.

You never fail to keep me amused.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Old 09-09-2002, 06:35 PM   #5
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
So you don't like the NSX, big whoop. You don't need to go bitching about it. You obviously don't see anything other then "how fast does it do the 1/4 mile in?" when you look at a car either. People enjoy different cars for different reasons. For example, if I could have a Supra that did a 7 second quarter mile, or a car that was one of 5 made ever, I would go with the one that there were only 5 of made. Even if it can't even go 60 mph. Different people like different things, so give your bitching a rest. No one cares.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:35 PM   #6
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by WickedMethod
OH Really!!!
Yes, really.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:28 AM   #7
CaptainRSX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CaptainRSX
haha

this guys a dumbass... does he have any clue how light the nsx is? maybe he doesnt know.
Old 11-28-2002, 12:09 AM   #8
xlosinghopex
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to xlosinghopex
Clearly you didn't do ANY research on an NSX when you made this post. While 80K is a lot of money there is a lot more to a car than horsepower. Plenty of cheaper cars have more horsepower yet in my humble opinion an NSX is still worth every penny. You say an RL has almost the same engine? Not even close. An RL engine isn't even VTEC! You also mention copying Ferrari? The fact of the matter is the Modena 360 is more of a NSX copy than any car is history. They imitated everything about an NSX that makes it so unique. The precision involves in making this original all aluminum beauty is what makes it 80K. I doubt you'll get a better ride anywhere else, even if it's faster on a straightaway.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:27 PM   #9
CaptainRSX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CaptainRSX
actually... the rl does have vtec!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:47 PM   #10
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Nobody seemed to mention that even though it has 280hp, its still faster than the Ferrari 355 with a claimed horsepower of 380. Not that its even doing the NSX justice by saying that. That car is a piece of engineering art. But i figured it should be said considering the accuser's approach.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:47 PM   #11
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Oh and i could be mistaken, but the difference between the RL and the NSX is DOHC. The RL is missing a couple cams...
Old 12-10-2002, 10:54 PM   #12
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

And one last, minute thing...

There isnt a stock Supra turbo from anytime thats going to beat the NSX even in the quarter mile. It really isnt even close. The NSX will usually win by about 2 or more car lengths. And just ask me to back it up. Ill send videos. One: Skyline GT-R R34 vs SupraTT. Supra is owned. #2 Skyline GT-R R34 vs Honda NSX Type-S Zero. GT-R takes a seat as well. Or maybe a web site, check JB cars. Or you can even check an actual GT-R website. Not to down the GT-R, which is an amazing machine... and im rambling. Ive made my point.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:19 PM   #13
tenzoracerevovii
AF Enthusiast

people don't buy cars just so they can go around hitting 11 sec 1/4's. the reason the nsx is so popular in my opinion is it's exclusivity (if that's even a word ). Also the nsx could probably outhandle ANY of those cars that you listed. and another thing, aren't used nsx's going for about 30 g's? and the nsx hasn't changed much over 10 years......so in conclusion...............:finger:

sorry. but i think the corvette z06 has better handling so the nsx could outhandle ALMOST any of those cars......

Don't you know, it's 10 hp for every sticker, 50 hp extra for every additional inch of rear spoiler behond stock height.
-obiewancoyote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:04 AM   #14
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Well, you can argue vette handles better, nsx better... but the nsx has a lower center of gravity and has a wider wheel base and its lighter. Just to throw some facts in there...
Old 12-28-2002, 09:19 AM   #15
ryan45845
AF Regular

Quote:
Who thinks da NSX is 2 expensive for it performance???

290 hp for $80,000 dat just crazy on a V6 too....... Honda can do better.......... U can Buy 2 vets for dat price with 400 Hp..... OR almost 3 S2000 wich only comes with about 40 hp less than da NSX.... and u could another $4,000 dollars to put an supercharger on da S2000 and you'll have more than enough power to take on an NSX..........FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICEHonda should be getting about 350 form dat engine.... THey DOnt NEed a V8 .......... Dat's just a selling scam so people would buy it...........

I think Honda has 2 options:
1. MORE HORSEPOWER....LOTS OF IT....I think Da ACura RL makes more than NSX on wat is basically Da same engine

2. BRing da COst down so it can be competive.......

80gs is alot but the car can handle looks good as hell and although ive never driven it supposly there isnt much close to it.....280 hp could be higher but you have to figure in the weight of the car...along with torque...suspension and someother factors...Honda reconizes the problem with "low" hp and for the redesign in 2004 it is rumored that they will be pushing well over 300 and possibily 400 or more......the have pledged to stay close to 100 hp per litter proving that engine develpment and moving the industry standards higher are very important to them.....So if they have a 350 Hp NSX that weighs about the same OR LESS and costs the same handles even better then would you think that it was worth buying......The NSX doesnt need all of this stuff cause its target buyers are happythe way it is.....but it is people like you that say that its a horrible value that there changing things for....Honda does after all want to sell alot of cars....more cars equals more profits even though the NSX is just a test bed and they prob will never turn a profit on it...... that brings me to another point.....anyone that owns a Vtec civic integra S2000 of anyother honda for that matter cant say one bad thing about the NSX for the fact that with out it they prob never would have that availible in there car......so this next NSX who knows what it will give the other cars in the lineup if the NSX is pushing 400 hp then that opens up alot of range in the honda line up S2000 (if its still around) will likely get a jump in Hp to around 300 hp....there will deff be Type R civics and RSX along with the possibilty of a Type R Accord........And expect the Type R's to get more power too 250 possibile for the RSX......Honda might not jump all over this current Hp race but there is no way that they can ignore it all together......All you care about is the over all Hp of a car well it looks like your getting wish........just wish that people like you would learn to drive a car like it was meant to be and be able to enjoy every breath taking minute of it and not just complain to your boys that it "only has 280 hp" in my opion i dont think that you could or would ever deserve to own or even drive a NSX......... go by your corvette and when i pass you In my soon to be NSX with my finger out the targa top you will know its me.
ryan

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX