Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
armagh1
AF Newbie

2007 crv door locks

Hi I have an issue with the door locks when I take off from stops signs ect some times the lock will just start clicking now when I lock the car with the remote all the doors will lock but the back drivers door if i press to unlock all the rest unlock but the back drivers will lock anyone got any ideas is there a way of resetting the locks or is one going bad

Thanks

for the responses
armagh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
JohnDD
AF Newbie

Re: 2007 crv door locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by armagh1 View Post
Hi I have an issue with the door locks when I take off from stops signs ect some times the lock will just start clicking now when I lock the car with the remote all the doors will lock but the back drivers door if i press to unlock all the rest unlock but the back drivers will lock anyone got any ideas is there a way of resetting the locks or is one going bad

Thanks

for the responses
See my 07-17-2010 description of the problem on this forum. Might be of some help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDD View Post
I recently purchase this vehicle and it performed flawlessly on a long road trip. Got home and now the electric door locks don't work correctly. (I had the vehicle rust-proofed just before the trip).
When I go to lock the door with the remote, the doors lock and then unlock immediately. Similarly when I use the inside door lock buttons (electrical). When I use the driver's door mechanical lock, the door also locks immediately.
Almost seems like there is a short somewhere telling the doors to lock. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot?
Update: Took the car in to the dealer for diagnostics and he found a short in the driver door latch mechanism. Dealer replaced the door latch and now all is fine. Fortunately car was covered by comprehensive warranty and so the $326 part plus couple hours of labour were free!
JohnDD is offline   Reply With Quote