Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
electro452
AF Newbie

2008 CRV TRansmission Service

I understand that there is no filter to change in the 2008 CRV, is this true? When should I have the tranny serviced or flushed and new fluid put in?
electro452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
jrsick
AF Newbie

Re: 2008 CRV TRansmission Service

True, there is no filter to change. I think by your "serviced or flushed?" question you mean replace the entire 7 quarts of tranny fluid, or just the 3 quarts in the pan. My first thought is how many miles since your last service, and, are you having tranny issues? If you have neglected tranny service or are having shift issues then a full flush would be way to go (entire 7 quarts). Otherwise the drain and fill (3 qts) should be fine. Let me know if you plan to do it yourself and want some advice. Also, there are several good youtube video on subject. Eric the car guy's video is good and there are several others that show how to do a full flush by disconnecting the tranny cooler line.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jrsick For This Useful Post:
electro452 (03-21-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 02:32 AM   #3
electro452
AF Newbie

Re: 2008 CRV TRansmission Service

Sorry it took so long to reply. I forgot all about this thread. I was just doing a regular fluid exchange to keep it fresh. It had about 40000 miles on it at the time. I drained just the pan and refilled. Ran it for about 200 miles and drained it again and refilled. I'm just about ready to do drain and refill at 90000. Had a hard time finding the fluid I used last time which was the vavoline max life which is a good alternative were Honda Z-1 is needed. I actually found the gallon size at Walmart.
electro452 is offline   Reply With Quote