Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
carnewbiee
AF Newbie

05 CRV Shakes and Vibrates

I have a 2005 Honda CRV LX with 150k miles on it. I have had this car since 55k miles and took care of it, regular maintenance.

When the car reached 95k, I was experiencing a little vibration when driving over 50mph. But it would go away after a while. I got new tires and balancing done at 110k and the shake was still there, more obvious then before, but still would come and go.

Now at 150k, I can feel the car really shaking anywhere from 45mph and higher. The shaking is not so much in the steering column, but all over the car. Sometimes it feels its from the rear. This shaking also has the same noise as warped rotors braking noise, except it happens when I am driving on a straightway (no braking).

I have got 4-wheel alignment, balancing done, brake pads and rotors are within 10k hwy miles new, spark plugs, belts, tranny fluid, oil change, everything has been done on time. I get 28mph on hwy and 23-24 in city. I don't see any leaks in the joints near axle or chips on the wheel. What should I do?
carnewbiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
jrsick
AF Newbie

Re: 05 CRV Shakes and Vibrates

Have you had the tie rods and ball joints checked for excessive play? They are both normally checked here in Virginia as part of the yearly inspection. When you are slowing down at a stop light, does it feel like you are driving on a washboard? If so, probably tie rods.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
Levithan9
AF Newbie

Re: 05 CRV Shakes and Vibrates

If I'm not mistaken, does your crv have a rear differential? If it does, you more than,likely need to change out the fluid in it. It's a special Honda fluid that can only be bought from Honda. Buy some, pay a shop to change it out, and see if that dosnt help you.

I've ran across this before, and was stumped on diaging the problem until I ran across a TSB on the rear diff fluid going bad. And with your car at 150k + I'd say its time to change it out.
Levithan9 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
crv , shake , vibrate
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V