Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
OhitsJeff
AF Newbie

Newbie With used 02 OZ Lancer.

Alright, so i honestly consider myself an all around car guy, appreciating the body on almost any car classic or new, but ive always found myself gravitating towards the Evo. Now i dont have one right now, but thats my goal. as for now. i honestly see my OZ as a practice ground in terms of upgrades and gaining knowledge, like a project car i guess.. So after reading a bunch of forums on my own, ive finally made one.
and my question is where do i start?
i can say in terms of performance i know a bit, not ALOT, but i know that many people start with their Air intake and exhaust to get it breathing better... and just stay there but i want a better "kick" out of it.. Im thinking a cam to go along with it? itll be my first step... the car is totally stock.. but ill be honest and say i push my car alot.. barely redlining.. down shifting... people call it reckless.. i call it having balls. but idk... anyway.
maybe a racing style clutch? and what brand?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: Newbie With used 02 OZ Lancer.

I don't know if they make a high performance cam for that engine, and if they did, I doubt it would do much except make the car run like crap.

In case you didn't know the OZ Rally edition was just an appearance/trim package on the base Lancer, it's not a performance package.

I wouldn't waste too much money on that car. Just keep it running and keep it clean and save up for an Evo.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
lee.gh.thomas
AF Newbie

Re: Newbie With used 02 OZ Lancer.

I have the same car and did a little research as per what you want... drdisque couldn't be more right.

Now I have found a website that sells mitubishi crate engines, and they may or may not have an evo engine from that gen (they were only made 2-3 years if I recall). Not sure if an evo engine from another gen of evos will fit.

The engines in them are pretty crappy so there aren't many after market parts out there to make it "bad-ass" except intake/exhaust and maybe a turbo... even then I doubt you're going to be putting out more than 160-170 hp.

I've decided to just use this little thing to save money on gas (I'm getting 30-42 mpg in it!) and save up for another car, hopefully an old e30 BMW.

Hope I helped!
lee.gh.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer