Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
carnovice1
AF Newbie

Throttle Body / TPS

Hello,

Hoping someone can help...2004 CRV "bucks" when almost stopped (betwen 0 and 5pmh). Brought it to a dealer who said throttle position sensor was shot and Honda does not sell just the sensor, have to buy the full throttle body. I understand there was a bulletin from Honda that TPS was a potentially defective part. Even though dealer sold the car to us with this part, they would not work with us on it because we have not had any maintenance done with them at all since buying the car, and quoted $1100 for repair.

Called another Honda dealer who said part/labor was $750.

Anyone know about how long the labor would be on this, as the discrepancy seems high (part is around $550-600). Is the first dealer way off price?

Secondly, is there any way to replace just the sensor? From what I have read, I don't think so, but does anyone have any ideas how this can be done for cheaper than the quotes above?!

Thanks in advance!

Mike
carnovice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
350GT
AF Newbie

Re: Throttle Body / TPS

Hi there hate to hear about whats happening to your car

Honda is a great car, but the only problem is that their parts are soo expensive and their service is by far C*ap, because they just want to sell you a car not a part.

By what i know, im a certified ASE technician and normally my customers have problems if not about the same then very similar had to replace the whole thing. There really isnt much you can do about it.

Ill send you a link to this one website that i normally buy parts for my customers at, its a gem pretty good prices for OEM honda parts.
350GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
350GT
AF Newbie

I found it, it was hidden in my book marks open a account with them and i think they give you a discount for parts im not sure but all their parts are discounted anyways =]

the website is:
http://hondapartsnow.com
350GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
carnovice1
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info...that is a good site. I am going to ourchase one and have mechanic locally put it in.

You're right...their parts are expensive. It is actually the sensor that went, but they integrated it, so you have to buy the whole throttle body. Crazy, but more $$ for Honda. I called the dealer asking service manager if he could work with me on the price since I bought the car there and the part was deemed defective in a service bulleting(unknown to me at the time). I was out of warranty period. He said if I had done all my service with them (oil, etc.) then they could have considered a price negotiation, but because I hadn't been loyal, no way. I live almost an hour away...not convenient for routine maintenance. So, they define loyalty as staying with them for maintenance, not for spending $18000 on a car.

OK, that's my vent!

Any idea how long the labor is for this?

Thanks!
carnovice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #5
jrsick
AF Newbie

Have you replaced your TPS yet? I just did mine, it was an easy job and really fixed the problem. Glad to help with yours if you are getting ready to do it.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V