Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #16
92GSXguy
AF Newbie

Re: 1g or 2g head gasket?

Well yes and no. The torque specs I used were wrong so that could be one factor, and the valves don't hit I hooked it up to the computer to see, but that is for the tip, I'll make sure to clean the surface of the block of all dirt and stuff to make sure of no leak. But I'm not sure if I should get a thicker head gasket or not.
92GSXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #17
kjewer1
AF - Advisor

Usually you end up with oil in the coolant. It's much more likely, since oil pressure is higher than coolant pressure. Condensation can turn the oil to shit but it will clear up the first time you get it good and hot for a while. In other words, are you sure there is really a problem, before tearing into it again? A compression test will also tell you something. Usually if it's good, the HG will only leak under boost, not idle and cruise.

I don't know what's available for thicker DSM gaskets, all of the ones I have used are 0.054 compressed height.
kjewer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kjewer1 For This Useful Post:
92GSXguy (10-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #18
92GSXguy
AF Newbie

Well I found a head gasket that is .32 thick. And it didn't clear up and it's been a week, plus it happens during idle.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #19
92GSXguy
AF Newbie

And the coolant is in the oil, when you pull the dipstick it smells like oil and coolant.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain