Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
boodie
AF Regular

SES Light on; code P0455

2002 Xterra 4x4 normally aspirated 6cyl; 168,000km/104,000miles

SES light just started coming on at startup, giving P0455, P1448, P0328 codes (from my Actron CP9135 AutoScanner)...

The P0328 & P1448 codes show up with crappy gas (read: Ethanol blend), but the other is a new one...It shows up with the text "System Leak (Large), Evap Emission Control System" on the scanner...

Can anyone tell me what the most common cause of this code might be??? I'm not getting any fuel smell; my gas cap seems OK; engine runs fine as usual; no traumatic injuries to the vehicle...

Thank You!

Edit: Pulled my spare tire, looked over my charcoal canister...looks OK; no bulges, no drips...hoses look intact, no splits or cracks (that i can see)...Looked at the [purge valve?] in the engine compartment; it's...there...(not much else to say about it)...Hoses to that look OK...

Reset my ECU w/the Actron codeblanker...I'll drive it a bit more before I take it to a mechanic...

Last edited by boodie; 04-04-2010 at 04:29 PM.
boodie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail