Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > 6000
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
vwdude
AF Newbie

1987 Pontiac 6000 CD Player Installation help

I am VERY NEW to the whole car audio scene. I am looking to take out the stock AM/FM radio and replace it with a Pioneer DEH-16 CD Player which I already have purchased. I would like to avoid paying money to get it installed if at all possible. I would like to know how I get the stock radio out, and what I basically have to do to wire everything together. ANY help would be much appreciated!
vwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
abaird
AF Regular

Re: 1987 Pontiac 6000 CD Player Installation help

You have probably figured this out by now but I see no one has answered you. Every vehicle is different. My 97 chevy truck was much easier than my 92 ford truck. Getting the old one out you just have to start taking off the molding around the radio. There might be some screws or clips. Then you will need a wiring harness and probably a face plate for your specific car. You can get them at any car audio store. $20-$30 all together. The harness plugs into the factory harness on the car so dont cut any wires and the rest is color coded. some are even labeled. Hope I wasn't too late. Good luck.
abaird is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > 6000