Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Ryan625
AF Newbie

Front bumper mesh

Has anyone ever put a mesh wire type thing on the bumper of a grand am like this:
Ryan625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
dexter_dennis
AF Newbie

Re: Front bumper mesh

It is actually pretty easy to make, go to Home depot buy a mesh it sells in huge pices like 7$ each 1 square metre. Buy iron scissors, and plastic tie ups. Cut it approximately for what you need and tie it. For the ram air intake you have to make some measurements to cut them out to make them fit.
dexter_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
joncro55
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter_dennis View Post
It is actually pretty easy to make, go to Home depot buy a mesh it sells in huge pices like 7$ each 1 square metre. Buy iron scissors, and plastic tie ups. Cut it approximately for what you need and tie it. For the ram air intake you have to make some measurements to cut them out to make them fit.

This can take up a lot more time than you think it will! And not all wire mesh and wire cloth is easy to cut. If you want to buy pieces that are precut - your best bet is to leave it up to the experts - Belleville Wire - this place has reasonable pricing, and I have used them several times before. They supply samples before you go spending a boat load of dough on the material - and they always get me my stuff within the week of ordering .

Last edited by xeroinfinity; 06-25-2014 at 11:21 AM.
joncro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

home depot sells it in rolls, not squares that i know of.

Its not hard to cut the smaller(gutter guard) stuff. When i did all of my cars i sometimes made cardboard templets and used them to mark my mesh.
Then to attach it i drilled really small holes and used stainless wire to attach it to the bumper cover. Prob some pics in the form somewhere...

joncro55 your advertising link, the one you've posted 3 times, has been removed. if you want to talk about it PM me.

Edit: here is my after work. i actually used high temp hot glue to attach the mesh to the ram air inserts. i sold the car years ago, and its still attached good.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...amairgrll1.jpg

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM