Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
lbrowne
AF Newbie

possible to install oem DVD player in 04 SE?

I have an 04 SE that doesn't have the factory DVD entertainment system. I'm finding conflicting reports on the net that the van is prewired for the system.

Does anyone know if the wires are there for the screens in the roof and the player under the seat? I have the aux hook ups located above the driver side sliding door....

http://members.shaw.ca/leobrowne

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
chubbybubba1
AF Regular

Re: possible to install oem DVD player in 04 SE?

I'd scout around under the seat and drop some of the screw/bolts that hold up the roof console and look if you see a wire harness anywhere. I have a feeling it is pre-wired. My 04' didn't come with the factory tow hitch but when I put one on, I found it was pre-wired for one.
chubbybubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
dtownfb
AF Regular

I had an aftermarket DVD player installed at purchase. Check under the passenger seat. This is where they install the unit (facing the driver). If it is pre-wired, this is where it will be. I would have it installed at an audio video store. Many have free installation.
dtownfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
kokopelli
AF Newbie

same question for me.....I just bought a 2004 SE, has the Bose radio, and the skyview roof, but no factory dvd. I can get the factory dvd player and monitor, but I can't seem to find a plug in for either. I looked under the passenger seat where the factory player is, also pulled down the overhead console, and I'm not seeing any wire or plugs up there that a monitor would hook into. Does anyone know for sure if the pre-wiring is there, and if so, where? Also, I know Myron and Davis make a system that goes into the factory locations with a 7 inch screen. Does this wire up to the factory radio system to enable use of the rear a/v controls, etc? Thanks for any help! -Ron

ps- please email me w/ any responses, I don't get over here often...
kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD