Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A8 | S8 > '94 - '98
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
bschneider
AF Newbie

A4 Keyless Remote Programming

Can anyone provide programming instructions for a 1999 A4 Quattro 2.8 keyless remote?
bschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:45 PM   #2
Nakidgun
AF Newbie

keyless remote programming

Nakidgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
wizzard1222
AF Newbie

Re: keyless remote programming

They do not have Audi listed on their "search vehicles".
Under their FAQ's...they mention that they do not have "knife blade" transponder key(less) remotes (FOB's) for European mgf. autos (made in Germany).

I am awaiting their reply but since I have an European A8, I am not hopeful.

Dennis
wizzard1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
wizzard1222
AF Newbie

Cool Re: A4 Keyless Remote Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschneider
Can anyone provide programming instructions for a 1999 A Quattro 2.8 keyless remote?
My original Audi A8 manual(s) have the remote programing. I found that the 1997-1999 models did not have the FCC code on the FOB's and the blade keys are not transponder keys. The FCC code is on the inside near the circuit board...open the FOB as if checking the round battery. (This will make your FOB non-functional until you put the reassembled FOB via knife blade back into the/a door key lock...the car's computer systems re-activate the FOB's coding.

The flat blade keys can be cut straight away by any "good locksmith" with blade capabilities. I found a nice locksmith here in St. Louis, Mo. and worked with him. He just acquired the All-Data Cd's for transponders and a Holland cutting unit. We/he researched many sources and tried a "Valet generic blade key"...duplicating my FOB knife key. The Valet generic blade key charge was $25

I assume that you do not have any A4 manuals.

Here's is what my A8 manual (page 18) states:

Synchronizing the system:
If you cannot lock or unlock the vehicle using the remote, then the system must be synchronized. To synchronize, press one of the buttons on the remote control. Then, within one minute, lock or unlock the door lock. The system is now functional. This should help you if you have have an original FOB w/knife blade.

Reactivating the system:
If you replace the lost key, or if any repair and/or exchange work is performed on the receiver, an authorized Audi Dealer must reactivate the system. Only then can the keyless remote system be used again.

So Audi is very skimpy on details and drives service/business to the Audi dealers.

I have searched and thought about purchasing "extra remotes" but can not yet find the confidence that I will find the "right FOB w/the right FCC code" for the money and time spend on the search.

If anyone else has been more successful...let it be known!
wizzard1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A8 | S8 > '94 - '98