Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
Aussie_Muscle05
AF Newbie

HLJ Backorder time?

Hi all, I'm itching to put in my first HLJ order, but the problem is, all of the items i want (besides paint) are on backorder:

Fujimi A'PEXi N1 Muffler
Fujimi BBS LM 18" Wheels
Fujimi Workmeister 18" Wheels
Fujimi Yokohama Model 5 18" Wheels
Tamiya Toyota Supra
Primer
TS-08 Italian Red

I think I will pay extra for EMS (reading some other stories about SAL post damage ), but will it take months and months to get all of my items in? I know the backorder time varies from order to order, but has anyone backordered items before? I'm getting tempted to order from Best1Hobby in the USA...
Thanks for looking!
Aussie_Muscle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
youngdrifter_x
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to youngdrifter_x Send a message via Yahoo to youngdrifter_x
Re: HLJ Backorder time?

I just orderd a A'Pex N1, but Dont know when it will come in. It seems pretty high in demand so maybe it will come in a little quicker, but you never know.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #3
joecwlaw
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Muscle05
Hi all, I'm itching to put in my first HLJ order, but the problem is, all of the items i want (besides paint) are on backorder:

Fujimi A'PEXi N1 Muffler
Fujimi BBS LM 18" Wheels
Fujimi Workmeister 18" Wheels
Fujimi Yokohama Model 5 18" Wheels
Tamiya Toyota Supra
Primer
TS-08 Italian Red

I think I will pay extra for EMS (reading some other stories about SAL post damage ), but will it take months and months to get all of my items in? I know the backorder time varies from order to order, but has anyone backordered items before? I'm getting tempted to order from Best1Hobby in the USA...
Thanks for looking!
The spray, TS-08 Italian Red, is not allowed to be sent via Airmail nor EMS. They must be sent by surface.
joecwlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:18 AM   #4
Aussie_Muscle05
AF Newbie

Yeah, I think a few of the items I'm ordering are in fairly high demand (Model 5 rims for sure ). I'm not sure whether thats a good thing or a bad thing... It's so annoying how about 80% of HLJ's stock is on backorder! I might try ordering from Best1Hobby.com. The prices are OK, lots of stock, but the shipping cost is a little high.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:13 AM   #5
TanKaBoY
AF Enthusiast

hlj's backorder doesnt mean that they dont have it
well it does, but they can get more of that item in

ive ordered backordered about 2 items and it only took about 1 to 1.5 weeks to get here in AU.
TanKaBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:47 AM   #6
Aussie_Muscle05
AF Newbie

Re: Re: HLJ Backorder time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanKaBoY
hlj's backorder doesnt mean that they dont have it
well it does, but they can get more of that item in

ive ordered backordered about 2 items and it only took about 1 to 1.5 weeks to get here in AU.
Ohhh... OK, I thought (form what I read) it meant that HLJ had run out completely and were waiting on a restock. Oh well. Thats better then.
1 to 1.5 weeks is great! But is that by SAL or EMS? I'm scared to use SAL... I've heard bad things about it.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:42 PM   #7
michael1978
AF Regular

Re: Re: HLJ Backorder time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecwlaw
The spray, TS-08 Italian Red, is not allowed to be sent via Airmail nor EMS. They must be sent by surface.
Sorry Joe but this is not right becouse i ordered TS Primer and it come with SAL , i have by now ordered a few times from HLJ and everything was okay by now , but it was a little bit more expensive for me becouse i had to pay the tax fro Austria to (20%) . So it is ceaper for me to get it from Joecwlaw , but some things he can not get i order from HLJ. And i had some things also in backoder the longest was 3 weeks but everything come to me and i was quite sadisfied !!
michael1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #8
joecwlaw
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: HLJ Backorder time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1978
Sorry Joe but this is not right becouse i ordered TS Primer and it come with SAL , i have by now ordered a few times from HLJ and everything was okay by now , but it was a little bit more expensive for me becouse i had to pay the tax fro Austria to (20%) . So it is ceaper for me to get it from Joecwlaw , but some things he can not get i order from HLJ. And i had some things also in backoder the longest was 3 weeks but everything come to me and i was quite sadisfied !!
hmmm, then HLJ is violating the regulaton stated in International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Spray paints are classified as dangerous goods. Unless it is being properly classified, packed, marked, labelled and documented before they are offered for air transportation.

Check the rules stated in this pages:
http://www.info.gov.hk/cad/english/FAQ.htm#dg

as Spray paint and primer are flammable and explosive since they contain compressed air. They sent via SAL may jeoparadise the aircraft if the Spray paint cannot take the air pressure and expose. Airline states clearly that no compressed-air CAN or Spray is allowed in aircraft even though in check-in package.

joecwlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:17 PM   #9
DiGiTaLEcLiPsE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to DiGiTaLEcLiPsE
Hmm.. SAL... let me tell you ... I am still waiting for my first order I ever made and it's taking awhile ( to be specifix 2 weeks ) So.. SAL is pretty slow, and hopefully it doesn't look like it got hit by a car, ran over by a bus, stomped on by bums, kicked by pro soccer players and thrown around like a rag doll by a dog when it gets here..

I am too poor to order EMS

OHHH! ALSO I JUST CHECKED! WHEN DID THEY START SELLING PRIMER AND PAINT?
DiGiTaLEcLiPsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:16 AM   #10
bergerac54
AF Regular

Ive been getting stuff sent from HLJ via SAL to Australia for a while now and every package has come through unscathed. With the really good job HLJ do with packing the package would have to be very badly damaged for the stuff inside to be hurt anyway. The thing with ordering with HLJ is you have to be patient, usually takes a few weeks for shipping from the time they've said they sent it untill it arrives.
bergerac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:03 AM   #11
TanKaBoY
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: HLJ Backorder time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Muscle05
Ohhh... OK, I thought (form what I read) it meant that HLJ had run out completely and were waiting on a restock. Oh well. Thats better then.
1 to 1.5 weeks is great! But is that by SAL or EMS? I'm scared to use SAL... I've heard bad things about it.
SAL isnt bad, it just takes longer but the package is awesome the stuff inside wont be scratch at all, because when i got my kit from hlj by using SAL it was pretty tightly secured with a layer of plastic wrapped around so the kit wouldnt move an inch while its being shiped
just like what bergerac54 said it u just have to be patient

Last edited by TanKaBoY; 01-29-2004 at 03:09 AM.
TanKaBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 07:23 AM   #12
Sigmaman
AF Premium User

Send a message via MSN to Sigmaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerac54
Ive been getting stuff sent from HLJ via SAL to Australia for a while now and every package has come through unscathed. With the really good job HLJ do with packing the package would have to be very badly damaged for the stuff inside to be hurt anyway. The thing with ordering with HLJ is you have to be patient, usually takes a few weeks for shipping from the time they've said they sent it untill it arrives.
I agree with this guy.I live in OZ and the longest I have waited is three weeks and nothing has ever being damaged.Three weeks isn't a long wait when you consider the cost saving over EMS,and its no guarantee that it won't get damaged either.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #13
Kasso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kasso Send a message via MSN to Kasso Send a message via Yahoo to Kasso

when the backorder icon is gray, that means that no one has ordered that item in a while...so do those items come fast?

1995 Acura Integra Special Edition (something real special about a 5000 rpm changeover... )
Kasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #14
Sigmaman
AF Premium User

Send a message via MSN to Sigmaman

The order I have coming was placed less than three weeks ago and some of the items were in grey.One item has taken slightly longer(shipped yesterday).Some items in grey take longer than others,depends on the manufacturer,according to HLJ website anyway.Apparently some people have waited alot longer but this hasn't happened to me yet.Imagine if it was surface mail.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #15
Kasso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kasso Send a message via MSN to Kasso Send a message via Yahoo to Kasso

well all the items that i had that were gray just turned yellow. so i think they will be shipped at the same time. (hopefully)

1995 Acura Integra Special Edition (something real special about a 5000 rpm changeover... )
Kasso is offline   Reply With Quote