Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Espace
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
nellybob
AF Newbie

espace txe

hi there wondering if someone can help i have a phase1 espace 2.0 txe was all working fine till about 2 weeks ago when the earth strap to the engine snapped

replaced the engine strap but still wouldnt start found out that the little plug underneath the passenger side head light was not connected rejoined that and bang started up and ran fine for about a week then went out in it started it up and pop

opened the bonnet and found out a relay had burnt out because of this i lost indicators starter motor windows main beam stereo the lot

looked on ebay found the same relay replaced it but nothing

the car now has me completely puzzled as too whats wrong

if anyone has had this problem or knows of this problem please get in contact with me as i need the car to run again

cheers
nellybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
nellybob
AF Newbie

Re: espace txe

hi guys i have managed to get it to turn over but still not starting there is spark and the infectors are firing but still nothing

Last edited by nellybob; 11-15-2008 at 12:13 PM.
nellybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
kryten2x4p
AF Newbie

Re: espace txe

I would say that you are nursing a major electrical problem. I doubt this will be easy to fix without a great deal of patience.

Perform a full electrical diagnostic.

With ignition on, try all electrics. Lights, indicators, reverse lights, front and rear fog lights, internal lighting, fan and heater controls, windows and central locking, radio and all instrument panel lights.

If the above all works fine then the problem is most likely in the engine compartment and engine related components only. You could try pulling an ECU out of a similar model, but also check all plugs and sockets for corrosion of burnt terminals.

I'm not familiar with espace petrol engines so you will have to use your head on that one.

Hope this helps some.

No A/C no rear E/W
90000 miles
good runner
kryten2x4p is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Espace