Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
comet240
AF Enthusiast

00 1500 wiper motor wiring issues etc

ok the problem I had started 2 months ago wipers froze to windsheied and I didn't get it loose enough so I turned wipers on it moved and then stopped figured just frozen,.. but once I got it all loose she didn't work... tested everything

when I was pulling the motor I noticed it was kinda working when moving around.. but I replaced motor I found out testing with the new motor that tiny ground wire was shorted out I guess it burned somewhere ???? as when I ran a wire from the motor to a bolt it worked... motor did work slow so not sure why

but I was driving other day and wanted to use wipers boom not working.. I just pulled it off.. motor doesn't seem to be working but the delay is working I run a meter to the battery and then to the 1 wire on the harness and she trips on and off the 12 volts... so I guessing the motor is burned out

how do I trouble shoot this?// has anyone come across this issue etc

and that thin ground wire has no ground to it so I'm sure it blew before the 25 amp breaker will ever break
comet240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
comet240
AF Enthusiast

Re: 00 1500 wiper motor wiring issues etc

I was talking to the place I bought the motor from

they told me it could be a ground wire that could have caused it to burn out.. I said I used a 12 gauge wire from the motor to a bolt and they said that's not good enough you need to run 4 gauge or bigger from the motor to the frame.. as they said if there is bad ground wire it burn it out... I said well what if I run a wire from the motor directly to the ground on the battery.. and they told me it would burn it out right away.... this doesn't make sense could you ask your mechanics

I guess ill have to try to make a trip to the mechanics yet it works just after a month of being installed was the issue

but just doesn't seem right there answer if I run a new ground wire from the motor to the battery that it ruins it...
Old 03-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #3
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

A 4 gauge for a wiper motor? Sounds like you bought a used one and they are blowing smoke. 4 gauge for a battery ground maybe.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
comet240
AF Enthusiast

ya like that not being right... and of course they don't take it under warrenty few days over a month old

and it cant be right the ground wire that was on the motor was like a 20 gauge and I put a 12 gauge and to a bolt on the frame... since the 20 gauge ground wire burned out somewhere as I get no continuity from there to ground

so they said if I go from the motor to the battery that I going to burn out the next motor

but how would that be possible? any you guys have any ideas

or what I can trouble shoot the other 4 wires too

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10