Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange
Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange Sell your car and parts or post what you are looking for.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 08:06 AM   #1
smokeandlights
AF Newbie

92-95 Dodge/Chrysler Floor Shifter part interest thread

Imgur Gallery
I have a 95 lebaron GTC that recently had a plastic part of the shifter break. I searched high and low for the assembly, but it has been discontinued, and I can't find one to match, even in my local junkyards, etc.

I recreated this part and had it 3D printed in a strong material. I am considering having more of these made and selling them.

The part is a plastic collar on the shift actuator assembly, Mopar part # 4641251 . It should definitely fit several Dodge and Chrysler models in the 92-95 range with floor shifters. I am trying to get together a comprehensive list. It may also be compatible with similar shifters from adjacent years, but I don't have a way to check that.

This collar actuates a lever that releases the key from the ignition, and has "steps" that interface with the metal guide to keep the operator from shifting without pushing the shifter button. It is pushed up by a spring, and pushed down by the shifter button.

The part can be replaced on it's own, without any modifications to the shifter.

Is there anyone here interested in purchasing this part if I make some?

From what I can tell it should fit the following cars between 92-95 with floor shifters:

Lebaron GTC, Lebaron Sedan, New Yorker 5th Ave, Cirrus, Neon, Daytona, Spirit, Stratus, Town & Country, Caravan, and Shadow.

I am not guaranteeing that this is a comprehensive list, or that all options will have this shifter. Do your homework.

I'll probably charge $40, shipped to the continental US (lower 48). I'm happy to figure out what it would cost outside that area.

Last edited by smokeandlights; 02-18-2019 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Added picture
smokeandlights is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange