Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sequoia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #46
mazoner2005
AF Newbie

Re: Program Toyota Master Key

[quote=GuyF]I am willing to send you a PDF file from TOYOTA dealer manual that included everything you need to program your key. Please leave your email address

Would you be able to send me the pdf to program a key for a 2002 camry?

Thank you very much email mazoner2005@aol.com
mazoner2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #47
joeyoyo
AF Newbie

Mike,
My Toyota dealer replaced the computer in my 2002 camry v6 XLE, and they reprogrammed one set of the keys, and now my wife's key will not start the motor, I can hear the motor turns, but the car will not start.
Do I also use the same set of instructions to reprogram my wife's black key?

FOR 2002+
1.Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2.Insert master key into the ignition cylinder.
3.Cycle the ignition cylinder from ON to OFF 5 times.
4.Open and close the driver side door 6 times.
5.Remove the master key and insert the new duplicate key.
6.DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION CYLINDER ON
7.The new key will be registered after 60 seconds.The THEFT light on the
dashboard will go out,indicating that programming has been completed.
"some 2002 will work using the 1998+ programming."
joeyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #48
tdvnewf
AF Newbie

Hello, just bought used 2005 toyota matrix xr, only have one master key ( has dot on side near black key ring). What do i do to get another one without going to dealer. Also i do not have the remote FOB, any help? pearle@ns.sympatico.ca
tdvnewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #49
gph
AF Newbie

I just purchased a 2007 Camry LE. It only came with a Valet key. I purchased a 12BBY remote head key on ebay. How do I proceed? Can I program this myself, or do I need a dealer to hook it up to a computer? I've read conflicting info about this. I guess I need to create a new master key, although I don't really know what that means. Please help!! email to paul_huettner@yahoo.com.

Thanks!!
gph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #50
ranhepp
AF Newbie

I have a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser and was wondering if anyone has instrucitons on how to program a second master key. I have one master key already and have a blank master I would like to add as a backup. I get conflicting information from dealers and locksmiths as to whether I can program this key myself or if a dealer has to hook up a computer to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
ranhepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #51
desert-drifter
AF Newbie

I have a 2000 model Landcruiser with 2 black keys and for some reason they both stopped working, the immobiliser light does not go out at all and car does not start, can someone send me the pdf instructions to program my keys back in or any help wolud be greatly appreciated as I now have no car unless I get towed in to Toyota and let them rip me off!

HELP!!!

Thankyou in Advance
Leon
leon396@gmail.com
desert-drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #52
jarhead1371
AF Newbie

Ok,

Here's the situation....

I bought a 2000 Land Cruiser at Poway Toyota and only received one key for the car with a transponder in it. I didn't want to pay the $250 to get the second key from Toyota so I blew it off. I tried a couple of times to get a second key at the local True Value that has a key reader that works when you stick the key in the box and it reads the car code. Then the guy puts in another key (only $35 bucks) and transfers the code to that key. Well, that works except for the fact that he screwed up the cut on the key and they never ordered any other key for my car because they are bone heads....

Guess what happens next? I lost my set of keys (with the exception of a non-working valet key) in Chicago at a meeting so I'm basically screwed. So I go on the net and get absolutely no help or conflicting help for the next few weeks. Thank god I have another car to drive in the meantime. So here's what I did...

I bought two transponder keys on Ebay for $80 each. I call the local Toyota dealer and he calls Corporate and because I don't have a master key, Corporate has to authorize the replacement of the ECM which costs anywhere between $1200 and $1750. They send it out to the dealer who really knows nothing about the replacement program and the day that I'm supposed to get the ECM replaced, they tell me that I have to pay for two of their keys at $250 each and the programming which is 2.5 hours of shop time in exchange for the new ECM. So that comes out to almost $800 bucks. So I go through the roof. Almost beat the guys a$$ who is telling me this and I tell him to go F himself.

So what do I do? I tow my car off their lot and then I go on the internet and found a guy in Jefferson City, Missouri who tells me the exact location of the ECM (behind the glove box) and how easy it is to take out. It takes 5 minutes...... I overnight this thing along with one of the cut keys that I have (without a working transponder chip) and he gets it and sends it back to me three days later. Cost? $200 for the ECM to be reflashed and $23 for shipping it down there overnight with $2000 insurance. He can overnight it for about 60 bucks so I go next day for 45...

I could have been driving that thing three weeks ago!!!! My two keys off Ebay - $160, Overnight shipping the ECM $23, Reflashing the ECM - $200, Shipping it back $45.... Grand Total - $428.... Savings by doing it this way over going to Crown Toyota in Decatur, IL? $382

So what should you do if you've lost your keys? Go to Google and search for Toyota Reflashing or Toyota ECM reprogramming and a handful of sights come up. I chose the one in the neighboring state which is the guy in Missouri.

http://www.a-1mobilelockandkey.com/l...ngservice.html

Never, Ever, Ever, go to the dealer for lost keys, purchasing a key with a transponder chip or anything else along those lines. Take 5 minutes to pull the ECM out of the car, overnight it along with a valet key to a guy like the one above and he sends you a reflashed ECM along with a new key for it that will start the car. If you did what I did and purchased two OEM keys with new transponder chips inside, they will provide instructions on how to program the other two keys and that's the cheapest way to do it. If you only have one key for the vehicle right now and don't want to pay the dealers BS cost, go and have a non-working key made immediately for $6 for an emergency back up and then go on Ebay and type in the something like "Toyota Land Cruiser Key" and a bunch of keys will pop up. Buy one at a fraction of the dealers cost and that guy will send along the instructions (not really complicated) to program those keys. Anyone can do it with an assistant to read off the instructions.

Good Luck and never give the dealers money needlesly. They make their living ripping people off.

Oso
jarhead1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #53
skillzunlimited
AF Newbie

would you be able to email it to me 2002 Toyota Sequoia: salvin.wallace@hocmc.org

Thank you in advance
skillzunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #54
kaibug
AF Newbie

Hi.

I've got a new blank key from my dealer. I also have the black original key to my Landcruiser 90, 2000. Hope someone can send me the pdf-file explaning how to program the new key. My email adress are: kaijonny@hotmail.com

Some instructions at the internet says that the ignition should be switch on after inserting the new key while programming this. Other sites says the new key just should be inserted, but NOT to turn on the ignition afterwards, so I'm a little confused. Hope someone can help. Thanks!
kaibug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #55
honey7pk
AF Newbie

Dear Mysequoia03 and other members
Originally Posted by MYSEQUOIA03
Mike,
Like I said from my previous posted, 2001/2002 Transponder key have difference chip from 2003 and 2004. Make sure you have correct part number.
I am willing to send you a PDF file from TOYOTA dealer manual that included everything you need to program your key. Please leave your email address

Mysequoia03

Kindly send me the PDF file. My email address is friends.advertiser@gmail.com.
Regards
honey7pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #56
SanFas
AF Newbie

I just bought a 2005 Toyota matrix. It came with one Master Key and Remote. Can anyone guide me on how to get a second master key and remote? Guess both will need programming instruction... You can email useful information to sf@elsmedia.com

Thank you

Last edited by SanFas; 10-14-2008 at 06:38 PM.
SanFas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #57
lib135
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lib135

I am looking for instructions as well.2004 4Runner.

Last edited by lib135; 01-17-2011 at 07:39 PM.
lib135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #58
aenehzodaee
AF Newbie

Toyota mr2 spyder, lost master key. I ordered an ilco blank key for toyota. Need to program new key without original.
aenehzodaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #59
jerry sosa
AF Newbie

hello i bought a used 02 sequoia 3 years ago but ran into a problem ignition switch gave out and was forced to buy one "dealership" took an arm of wasnt told after taking the broken one of and putting the new one on i had to progam it in order to start called back and now asking for $100 dollars more to program the new keys can anyone help please. agarcia7434@yahoo.com
jerry sosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #60
deanbob
AF Newbie

I 2 master keys and the valet key for my wife's 2009 Camry. I have ordered a blank for a spare. After get it cut, how do I program it? Could you send details to d.mounts@verizon.net ? Thanks in advance for your help.
deanbob is offline   Reply With Quote