Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 02:15 PM   #1
Steel
AF Fanatic

My life sucks!

i swear. Today me anf a friend decided to skip school. My first time skipping ever, and we were both late, had our cars stall on us and had to wait in a big long line for school, so we said "what the fuck?" and just left.

Turns out, today was also the day that my dad needed his driving glasses, and left them in my truck. So my mom drives up to the school to pick them up, but guess who wasnt there. So she calls the police and everything :o man this royally sucks. Now i have to take the bus to school for the rest of the year. That rEALLY sucks.

why does fate hate me so much? why does the ONE day of the 720 days of high school that i go to, that i decide to skip, and that same day my parents need to get something from the school? jeezus christ.
Old 12-11-2001, 02:32 PM   #2
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Moral of the story: Never let your parents leave anything in your car they may later need .

That sucks, but your mother probably didn't know what to think when she was told you weren't at school. What you should have done was to call home and let your parents know you were having car trouble and so they could let the school know you'd be late. Although this sounds like a minor offense, a parent's way of thinking is "If I can't trust him/her with little things, how can I can trust him/her with bigger things?" Trust me, I've been there done that, thought my parents were the uncoolest people in the world for it, but later in life you will see why they reacted the way they did.
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 02:36 PM   #3
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Damn dude, talk about shitty luck!:hehehe::hehehe:

Shit like that though, you just have to laugh at. Don't worry, I doubt that they will hold you to that year and as long as you don't do anything stupid, you should be okay. Just let them know you learned your lesson later on.
Old 12-11-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
DantesInferno
AF Enthusiast

Don't feel too bad Steel, my first and only attempt at skipping went horribly wrong as well, and it was my own fault! It was senior skip day, so most of my classes were empty anyway, but my close group of friends and I decided to go when tempted with a bit of extra credit, very much needed (I know, losers)...

Well, it came around to AP/IB English and our professor Scully took role, verbally rewarded us for coming and then told us that whatever we decided to do, we were free to go. Well, some of us had some frisbees to toss around. We thought a nice game of Ultimate would be great in Bidwell Park (a huge...and I mean huge wilderness city-owned park). But you see, campus supervisors haunt the halls during classes to avoid having students just skip out. We cautiously made our way out to the parking lot and spotted one of them in her golfcart going up and down the rows of cars. Ducking down we made it almost to the car, when she spotted us and came rushing up to stop the 'perps'. She asked us what were doing and once we gave her a slight little white lie...she said that if we were 18, we could sign ourselves out of school. My bestfriend and I weren't and so we looked at each other not sure what to do as she asked each one of us our ages. Everyone, even those who weren't 18, lied and said they were, and they were free to go. When she got to my bestfriend and I, our morals overrode our instinct of self-preservation and we told her the truth. She instantly took our names down for detention for the last damn Saturday of our senior year. Luckily, we knew a few people, and used our charm to weasel our way out of detention (good girls gone 'bad'), but we kicked ourselves that entire week once we realized that we should have lied. :hehe:

So Steel, I can understand how much that must suck, but maybe after a while, when your parents think they can trust you again, they'll let you start driving to school again. But like Kat said...just make sure they don't leave anything in your truck!

Good luck.

Taranaki: "roses are wonderful plants,but they do attract parasites...and the harder you cut them back,the stronger they return.They smell sweet,their faces are soft and pretty,and they can defend themselves with sharp thorns where neccesary....but left untended,and without support,a simple gust of wind can leave them shattered....but not forever....the roots of the rose are strong,cut the wood back,and it will always bloom again."
DantesInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 02:54 PM   #5
Spec2 Girl
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Spec2 Girl Send a message via AIM to Spec2 Girl
Damn Steel, that’s some bad luck! I hope you don’t get into too much trouble!!

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t

Spec2 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 03:14 PM   #6
AEstud
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AEstud Send a message via AIM to AEstud
It's taking that chance at your own risk...anything can happen.
AEstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 03:35 PM   #7
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
Look at it this way....you have got parents that really care about you

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 03:48 PM   #8
Rich
Never Fear, Rich is here!

Send a message via MSN to Rich
I Hope your parents come to there senses and realize its not a big deal.

I hope that everything turns out ok for you, Steel.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 05:16 PM   #9
Steel
AF Fanatic

now i just look back at the events the conspired and laugh. I only wish i could get away scott free, cause i still wouldnt do it again, it gets boring quick.

Im gonna goe apeshit though if they try to give me internal suspension for this though. whats the f-ing point of internal? so i get to miss my classes again?! thats bull.
Old 12-11-2001, 05:43 PM   #10
HogieGT-R
FAHRVERGNUGEN!

Send a message via AIM to HogieGT-R Send a message via MSN to HogieGT-R
internal suspension aka i.s.s in my school is practically worse than out of school suspension i think because when you get i.s.s, (even though i've never had it), you sit in a room (in my school the room is in the basement), you can't sleep, chew gum, talk, or slouch in your chair all you can do is do classwork that the teachers give you or you can sit straight in your chair all day long...i don't know if you can go to lunch, but if you can, then it's a really short one, and you have to be back on time, or else that tack on another day of the shit.....and worst of all....my football coach runs it during the day! this dude will cut your balls off and feed them to your dog that's how mean he can be

My Addiction
HogieGT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 07:57 PM   #11
1989 DX R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 1989 DX R
Same in my school. In my school, they call for every absence each day, if you dont have someone knowing where you are, your ass is caught.
1989 DX R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 08:08 PM   #12
HogieGT-R
FAHRVERGNUGEN!

i think that it's kind of like chinese water torture...you'll go insane by the end of school and probably kind of dispondant and whatnot because you haven't talked for 6 1/2 hours straight...kind of odd

My Addiction
Old 12-11-2001, 09:31 PM   #13
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I bet your folks will calm down after a few days and back the punishment down a bit. However, they may also fear a slippery slope into becoming a delinquent and may crank up the punishment. I hope for your sake it works out the first way.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-11-2001, 09:33 PM   #14
1989 DX R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 1989 DX R
Yeah, just realize that they prolly did the shit when they were your age, so they know it doesnt pay off. I tried skippin once, it wasnt that much fun really.
1989 DX R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:39 PM   #15
HogieGT-R
FAHRVERGNUGEN!

well you guys are lucky, my mom is always like "when i was your age i never skipped school and i went home directly after school and yada yada yada...my dad he's the cool one, but he still follows what my mom is sayin

p.s i don't skip school because if i did i'd get my butt kicked by my parents and my other relatives...damn strict family....

My Addiction

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release