Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 12:28 PM   #1
Halcyon
AF Regular

Skyline down

At 4.30am I got an urgent call to.. of all things.. fix a redundant broken link on a website. That request is utterly surreal in retrospect. I should have told them to f*ck off.

15 mins later I rolled my car 3 or 4 times after taking a corner at 150. The drivers side roof is nearly impacted into the seat, so how I got away without a scratch I don't know. Well, not quite unharmed, my back is killing me. I ended up on my head.

I can remember every single microsecond of the accident. I think I've lost my taste for fast cars now.

"When no single arab brick lies atop another, then will we be satisfied with your destruction."
Old 11-08-2001, 12:42 PM   #2
brendonm
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to brendonm
Halcyon

Dude,

it is most important to have you with us still. Thank God(zilla) you are alive, and for that matter reasonably unharmed. All that comes to mind is 'WOW!' and 'Damn!', and again 'Thank God(zilla) you are OK'

So....

what now?

You were only doing 99km's per hour on that 100km piece of road, so no doubt insurance will cover it aye
Old 11-08-2001, 12:51 PM   #3
Halcyon
AF Regular

yeah man, right on. Actually I'm fucking glad I wasn't hurt. I'd rather be dead than severely injured.

I was outside of my legal driving hours.. I've been on my restricted for 4 years. Shameful. It didn't contribute to the accident however, so they may still pay out with a bit of encouragement.

Paid the insurance last week, timely.

I don't think any charges will be pressed, no-one is out of pocket except for me. The cop didn't seem to think he would bother with any.

I don't know if I want another skyline. At least, not a fast one. Still love the look of them, but almost every skyline owner I know has had an accident now.

Oh yeah.. this is the 5th serious accident on that particular corner in less than 3 months. The last one closed the road for a day and claimed a life. Maraetai and Beachlands together have a population of less than 2000, so that says something about the condition of the roads here. Although in this case, I can only blame me. I don't know how I convinced myself 150 was a safe driving speed.

"When no single arab brick lies atop another, then will we be satisfied with your destruction."
Old 11-08-2001, 06:23 PM   #4
TINDUCK RACING
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TINDUCK RACING
Jeez dude....glad you are OK......
....you only know your limits when you exceed them though......

Take care out there....

Jon.
Old 11-09-2001, 03:55 AM   #5
Shell
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon
I don't know if I want another skyline. At least, not a fast one. Still love the look of them, but almost every skyline owner I know has had an accident now.
Halcyon, that's awful news
As brendonm said, at least ur ok....

But regarding above quote....don't lose the faith!!!! You love Skylines, give urself some time to get over the shock of the accident. I don't think I'd want to get in ANY car after rolling one like that. But give urself some time and see how u feel.

take care
Shell
Old 11-09-2001, 08:02 AM   #6
meggala
AF Enthusiast

dude just be thankfull you were in a strong nissan and that you are ok cars can be replaced people can't .
so what now an r34 with an rb20e :-)
meggala
nissan cefiro a31 fitted with
sr20 and trust t518z turbo.
13.3 @ 105.69 mph 2.069 60'
full street trim

Old 11-09-2001, 12:10 PM   #7
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Halcyon on a good note glad to hear you are not seriously hurt. This is another testimine to the construction of a Skyline.

On the other hand with all the press lately of boy racers bla bla not only doing 150 on public roads is very dangerous but STUPID. I am sure all of us had bent or broken the speed limit at one time or another. You just need to use a bit more common sence mate.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 11-09-2001, 12:11 PM   #8
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog
DUDE!!! I'm really glad to hear you're ok

Quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon

I haven't - not in either Skyline, anyway. My only crash was in my old Pulsar, and no-one in their right mind would suggest that a 1.3L Pulsar was inherently dangerous. A Skyline is one of the safer cars you can have - the only unsafe thing about them lies in what they encourage us to do

Anyways, again - glad you're ok.

Got any pics????

1996 R33 series 2 GTS25t coupe 173 rwkw
Old 11-09-2001, 05:37 PM   #9
darkness
AF Fanatic

!!!!!!!!!!

sh*t man that seriously sucks. It's really good to hear you weren't hurt, and pretty amazing.

I'd say buy another skyline, the damn thing kept you alive.

Darkness
aka. James
Old 11-09-2001, 06:06 PM   #10
Pva_Glue
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Pva_Glue
GOT A PIC???

may be this is a bit inappropriate question but do you have picture of car?

and very glad that you are A OK. (lucky...?!?)
Old 11-09-2001, 07:48 PM   #11
Halcyon
AF Regular

I'd love to read some of these replies in depth, but yesterdya afternoon the detail-sensing part of my vision disappeared. Probably from a bump on the head, and eyesight should return in a few days. Touch-typing still works

Dad got lots of pics but I can't see to upload them, hehe. They'll be here soon. The car is totally mangled.

At the same yard there was another sklye that had wrapped itself around a tree and done a 90 degree mod to it's body. Scary, scary stuff. This has been a big wakeup for me.

Old 11-10-2001, 01:53 AM   #12
Halcyon
AF Regular

pic 1

pic 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb090042.jpg (59.1 KB, 375 views)

Old 11-10-2001, 01:55 AM   #13
Halcyon
AF Regular

pic 2

pic 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb090043.jpg (59.7 KB, 372 views)

Old 11-10-2001, 01:56 AM   #14
Halcyon
AF Regular

pic 3

pic 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb090044.jpg (60.2 KB, 364 views)

Old 11-10-2001, 01:57 AM   #15
Halcyon
AF Regular

pic 4

pic 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pb090046.jpg (59.7 KB, 364 views)