Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 02:21 PM   #46
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

I'd screw the living daylights out of her, but thats a given.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 04:17 PM   #47
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
I think theres more Silicon in her brain then her tits!!!!!!

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 06:51 PM   #48
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie
G$ go do some resuarch into a phenomenon known as consumerism.

Britney is nothing more than a well marketed product aimed and an increasigly ingorant market.
whoa, moppie i never said you're wrong!! I said she's an entertainer, and if she makes people happy than what's the problem?

and it's not like she's the only one with an enhanced voice... i bet all musicians right now have in some place or time had their music enhanced
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 03:25 PM   #49
verboom
AF Regular

You see Lizard King, I wouldn't. She's too much trouble than she's worth. You'd always hear from her, she'd call and bitch, and the media would be all over you, just not worth it.
verboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 02:18 AM   #50
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
I think that people should be payed according to their intelligence and how hard they work, not by how they look. Sex is man's fatal flaw, we think with our nuts rather than our heads.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 02:23 AM   #51
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Re: Re: Moppie

Quote:
Originally posted by saturntangerine
my (_!_)!!!

:hehe: :cwn27: :hehehe: :evillaugh
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 12:33 PM   #52
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
Wow! Tangy's got a daymn nice ass there, eh?

j/k

Old 11-11-2001, 07:53 PM   #53
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche
I think that people should be payed according to their intelligence and how hard they work, not by how they look. Sex is man's fatal flaw, we think with our nuts rather than our heads.
always thinkin with the wrong head

who is it that says "God only gave man enough blood to use one head at a time" :hehehe: :hehehe: LOL
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 11-12-2001, 01:05 AM   #54
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: Moppie

Quote:
Originally posted by JD@af
As much as I think Britney is hotter than nuclear fission, I can't deny that your comments hold validity. However, I am curious about what you think about Christina in contrast. I for one think she is genuinely talented and has a beautiful voice .......
hmmmmm..... Interesting question. I have to say I have avoided her "music" enough that I can't really comment on how good or bad her voice is. But I do remember listening to one song sung by one of them, (I have no idea which) and thinking she sounded like she actualy had a good voice.
However I think we would all be surprised at how capable moden computers and software can alter the human voice.
There is a band that practices where I work, the're all 30 somethings and like to spend money on toys. There old singer had a very limited vocal range, although she could sing in tune she was limted to a very narrow range of notes. When they recorded a demo CD they used a very ordinary lap top and some cheap easily avliable software to alter her voice to an amazing extent.
It really made me wonder what you could acieve with an umlimted budget some skill and experiance.
Old 11-12-2001, 02:12 PM   #55
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

Christina definately has a good, natural voice. I've heard her singing live (on TV - I didn't go to a concert ) and spontaneously in interviews, most singers nowadays won't dare to do that.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 04:56 PM   #56
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
LK

I've had the same experience with Christina - I know her voice is the real deal, that she has legitimate talent, and therefore has at least got something of substance (musically speaking) to support her claim to fame. Britney, on the other hand, I couldn't say the same for. Besides, on any given Friday night, you could go clubbing in a major city like New York where lots of aspiring models and such hang out, and find girls that would make Britney look plain by comparison - seriously. The media is able to distort our images of someone dramatically in this day and age. She is NO one in a million beauty.

Moppie

You're absolutely right about the music industry today. It's really crazy how overproduced modern records are. I don't know if it's really immoral or not, but a contemporary band can't just go out on stage with their singer, guitarist, bass player, and drummer and sound as they do on their records (and no, I am not referring to the fact that they may be drunk, stoned, or otherwise high while performing for a live audience). They need to have a major production crew to travel with them, as well as prerecorded background music and sound effects to mimic their recorded sound. People with an "old-fashioned" perspective certainly object to this, and to me, it just seems like it's not right. Music has so little to do with talent anymore. Producers take whatever an artist plays and produce the shit out of it. For example, you know how different Phil Collins and Layne Staley (from Alice in Chains) sound live compared to how they sound on their albums? It's gotten to be ridiculous...
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 05:10 PM   #57
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

a group that i think has really good voices is Destiny's Child..... and like every awards show they sing just like outta nowhere, and they always sing outta nowhere.... sometimes without a mic or anything just like on TV
So i got no doubt they have good voices
Old 11-12-2001, 06:23 PM   #58
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
JD your absolutly right. Over production is I believe ruining the music industry.
I like the example of Phill Colins, He remade a beattles song for the George Martin Tribute album, (which George Martin produced of course) and he sounds very differnet to how he does on his latest ablums. Why? because George Martin kept his voice sounding very natural, with very little if any enhancement.
Other oldies like Layne Staley (compared to more recent stars, he's old) or Madona, or of course Cher are using more and more digital inhancment as a life of Drugs and cigurettes begin to take its toll on thier voices. Listen to Cher sing in the 70s when everthing was Anologue, and listen to her latest songs, huge differnce, shes lost her voice, buts its well disguised by digital enhancements.

As for the morality of it? Well thats a tricky one, and I think it comes down to being honest with the consumer. I would have no problem with the likes of Destinys child, or Britney, or 5 or any of the other little comercial pop groups/bands out there if people knew how fake it all was. But since its all about money the true identity of these so called stars is kept hidden, and they are instead elevated to positions of power and respect for nothing more than looking good, dancing to a preset routine, and giving the correct prepared answers in interviews.
The true talent lies not in the stars, but in the producers, and the marketers who tell out right lies to the public, This is immoral!
Old 11-12-2001, 06:26 PM   #59
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Thumbs up Agreed, Moppie...

...and with this post, I finally break 1,000 posts!!!! YEAH BABY!!!! Now we should definitely hang out, since we both have something to celebrate (since you recently broke 1,000 yourself).

RIGHT ON :ylsuper
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 06:31 PM   #60
Moppie
Master Connector

Re: Agreed, Moppie...

Quote:
Originally posted by JD@af
...and with this post, I finally break 1,000 posts!!!! YEAH BABY!!!! Now we should definitely hang out, since we both have something to celebrate (since you recently broke 1,000 yourself).

RIGHT ON :ylsuper
MATE!!

I didnt even notice, I knew I was getting close though.

Ill have to introduce you to some good Kiwi Rock! Its all horribly under produced!!!! In fact it actualy sounds like real Music!!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic