Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
JamesSaka
AF Newbie

A new vehicle

I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport and it is a V6. It eat up the gas that I put in it. If I fill the gas tank up to full, in about 3 day the tank is empty. I use this truck to go to college (8.5 miles from my house) and back twice a week, and to go to my mom's house (20.3 miles from my house) and back once or twice a week. I'm a college student and I really don't have then money to fill my truck up every three days. So I have been wondering about getting a hybrid or economical vehicle. I have tell to a mechanic about both types of vehicles and he say to go with a Honda Civic. I was thinking about getting a Scion Tc or a Nissan Altima Hybrid since that have good mileage. I will to get a second opinion on a vehicle.
JamesSaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
nemo_wolf
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nemo_wolf Send a message via MSN to nemo_wolf Send a message via Yahoo to nemo_wolf
Re: A new vehicle

Well for the gas milage, you may want to go with one of the smaller Scions. I know they arent as manly as your truck but you always have the truck as a backup.

The tC is more of a sports coupe, more performance then gas savings. The xB is more of a small utility/wagon and gets good MPG (right around 30ish). The xD is more of a compact sedan with again good MPG but less on the wagon and more of the sedan flavor. the xA is a true compact and gets probably the best milage but is now discontinued so your only going to find used. the iQ just was announced and is rolling out to select markets over the course of the next 12-14 months so that might not be the best option for you.

Overall, I upgraded from my civic to a gen2 xB and love it. Depending on your fashion sense and overall needs in the car, i would highly recommend you test drive each one as they all have their individual and distinct offerings.
96 Zamboni Model 552 : done working there
00 Civic EX coupe : Oct 05 - Sept 2010
11 Scion xB : Sept 2010 - Present
nemo_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemo_wolf For This Useful Post:
AF Mascot (09-07-2011), jon@af (07-26-2011)