Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Dodge1063
AF Newbie

Question for all s/c Scion tC

Hey I am thinking about getting a scion tc when I graduate from da college. My biggest question is about for those of you who have the TRD supercharger on your scion. In the event it fails will the car still be driveable? I hate think that with the added 40whp and it fails down the road your out a car until the super charger is fixed.

Plus i have a 98 lumina v6 3100. I am kinda skeptical about getting a 4 cylinder, but i love the look of the TC. What do yall feel on that note?
Dodge1063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
silentscreams85
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85
Re: Question for all s/c Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge1063
Hey I am thinking about getting a scion tc when I graduate from da college. My biggest question is about for those of you who have the TRD supercharger on your scion. In the event it fails will the car still be driveable? I hate think that with the added 40whp and it fails down the road your out a car until the super charger is fixed.

Plus i have a 98 lumina v6 3100. I am kinda skeptical about getting a 4 cylinder, but i love the look of the TC. What do yall feel on that note?
Your spelling and grammar need a bit of work there buddy.

I've never heard of a supercharger failing, one purchased and installed at the dealership should be pretty much worry free.

FYI the price on the supercharger for 2005-2006 tC models was dropped to about $2000 or so.

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
silentscreams85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
Dodge1063
AF Newbie

Re: Question for all s/c Scion tC

I admit my grammar and spelling didnt seem too forthcoming. I have already had Composition 1 and 2 and I just became tired of proving I can spell and punctuate like a college student.

At any rate, Thanks for the info toward my question. I understand that if the super charger is installed by a dealer and is warrantied still doesn't prove it won't fail. I mean anything can fail, but in the event it did does one have to worry about the car not being driveable? I assume from your last post that it looks as if It would pose a problem needless to say.

I can't wait to get one after I complete school.
Dodge1063 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC