Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 10:39 PM   #106
k_dog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to k_dog Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog
Quote:
Originally posted by Street Sweeper
I agree with the rules too, Let's Get it on! Btw i was wondering if we could possibly get a date extension as i will not receive the model i want to enter until May 15th(my b-day).
If i start tonight....which looks like I will...the entry deadline is July 31st..so you have plenty of time to come up w/a kit and submit it at any time before that date....
Old 04-22-2003, 10:43 PM   #107
180SxDEwaYz
AF Regular

the july31 sounds good and also the rules although i donno if im in or not Integra. just let me know and ill get started on my project man
Old 04-22-2003, 10:44 PM   #108
k_dog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to k_dog Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog
Quote:
Originally posted by 180SxDEwaYz
the july31 sounds good and also the rules although i donno if im in or not Integra. just let me know and ill get started on my project man
Why wouldnt you be in????
Old 04-22-2003, 10:48 PM   #109
Street Sweeper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by k_dog

If i start tonight....which looks like I will...the entry deadline is July 31st..so you have plenty of time to come up w/a kit and submit it at any time before that date....
That sounds great to me, now i'll have plenty of time to devote to my entry:flash:

Old 04-22-2003, 10:52 PM   #110
zangief
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to zangief
if its not too late im in.................with my civic hatch that i got as a present ..for my 18th b-day
Old 04-22-2003, 10:59 PM   #111
180SxDEwaYz
AF Regular

well just wanna make sure cuz integra had a list and i was wondering if i was on it
Old 04-22-2003, 11:04 PM   #112
k_dog
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 180SxDEwaYz
well just wanna make sure cuz integra had a list and i was wondering if i was on it
Quote:
Originally posted by zangief
if its not too late im in.................with my civic hatch that i got as a present ..for my 18th b-day
you're both game.....
Old 04-22-2003, 11:07 PM   #113
k_dog
AF Enthusiast

BTW: before I forget....I was talking w/some members, and I was thinking of setting it up like the winner of each category makes a final four models and from there on it's elimination to see who the Final Winner is....for the grand prize.

Does that sound confusing??? Because I brought it up w/a couple of members and they liked the idea.

Give me your thoughts. Thanx
Old 04-22-2003, 11:25 PM   #114
180SxDEwaYz
AF Regular

hey not a bad idea...go for it man
Old 04-22-2003, 11:32 PM   #115
Street Sweeper
AF Enthusiast

I kind of like that idea, but I think that you should still win at least something for the individual bracket, then move on and compete for a final prize with the winners of the other brackets. Ex. Win a smaller prize for the individual bracket----->move on---->win bigger prize. The reason for this would be that more people on AF prefer the show car, hot import type vehicle and that might put the race and rally cars at a serious disadvantage in a final, so they should at least receive something for winning their bracket. But then again that's alot of prizes to be just giving out for one contest. I don't know, let me know what you think.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:14 AM   #116
InTeGrAbOy18
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to InTeGrAbOy18
count me in sorry a lil late havent been on for awhile
Old 04-23-2003, 06:14 AM   #117
Decs0105
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Street Sweeper
I kind of like that idea, but I think that you should still win at least something for the individual bracket, then move on and compete for a final prize with the winners of the other brackets. Ex. Win a smaller prize for the individual bracket----->move on---->win bigger prize. The reason for this would be that more people on AF prefer the show car, hot import type vehicle and that might put the race and rally cars at a serious disadvantage in a final, so they should at least receive something for winning their bracket. But then again that's alot of prizes to be just giving out for one contest. I don't know, let me know what you think.
yeah the idea is good !!! i like it if you win something for the individual bracket and a big price for the best car of the contest (vote between the 4 cars) !!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 07:55 AM   #118
fwdfreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to fwdfreak
so no modified diecasts can enter `?
Old 04-23-2003, 08:10 AM   #119
Diesel2NR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Diesel2NR Send a message via Yahoo to Diesel2NR
fwdfreak, I would think that having a diecast would give you an unfair advantage, but that's just me.

I agree with the smaller prizes for the individual categories, then the winners in the categories going on to compete for a final grand prize. To make things fair for those finalists though, it would be a good idea to have them all build one type of car. It's hard to vote for a rally car or extended modified car, considering they are both trying to build completely different things.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:01 AM   #120
fwdfreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to fwdfreak
I don't see any advantages, you cant modify the body and the body details are like shit

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling