Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
LBaker
AF Newbie

Need to ID classic auto . . .

Hello! My 90-year-old father is currently working with the writer's group that is one of the "classes" at his retirement home. He is interested in telling an autobiographical story regarding his family's first new car but does not remember either the make or the year, though he thinks they acquired it sometime during the mid-1920s. I'm attaching two photos of the vehicle (showing both my Dad as a very young man and his father) in the hopes that someone might be able to tell me the make, model, and year of the car so that I can pass the info on to him. Thanks in advance!
LBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Dave B.
AF Regular

Re: Need to ID classic auto . . .

I'm sorry that I didn't see your post earlier.

When I initially tried to identify the car in your photos, I thought that it was 1927 Packard Fourth Series sedan. Now another one of our 'experts' has come up with some photographic evidence that makes it look more likely that it's a 1928 early Fifth Series car, very possibly a Model 526 (see: http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/...H4YY70I53EZHC/ which is a Packard that was sold in England, but appears to be the same model as yours except for the RHD steering wheel). With the limited views of the car, it's nearly impossible to ascertain the exact model number - if we had a full side photo of the car and a photo of the engine, it would be a LOT easier!

I hope that the year and series number will satisfy you father's needs.

Dave B.

Last edited by Dave B.; 11-15-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars