Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #16
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: Subs in my BED

oh no problem Abell....i was just making sure.

nad wat d0 ouy mran i hab bad spelng?

lol

and Poncho...i am putting a 18 in the extended part of my truck...with the seats as far back as i will ever need. and my 18 craves a 7cuft enclosure.... hmmm.... i bet it will sound pretty damn good too.... oh ya and get louder than my used to be friend who says he will get louder than me with his 8 "Xtreme" audio 12's. well i told him in his dreams unless he tuned it to 40 some odd Hz. well he is claiming he will hit 152dB on the new soundlab mics (well he doesnt even know what the differnece is but he says on the ISCA certified mics up at sound citation) so either sound citation will be fucking with their mics, tuning to high 30's low 40's, or thoes POS xtreme audio 12s are so shitty after all.... he says he will klober my 18 in SPL and SQ.... i laughed and walked away. he is one of thoes fags that says they are going to get something but never does (like once he told me he was going to get 4 MTX 9500 15's....) but never does and when he actually does get something he never shuts up about it... well not that that had anything to do with enclosures in beds but anyway.... im dont bitching...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #17
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Subs in my BED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman

lol

and Poncho...i am putting a 18 in the extended part of my truck...with the seats as far back as i will ever need. and my 18 craves a 7cuft enclosure.... hmmm.... i bet it will sound pretty damn good too.... oh ya and get louder than my used to be friend who says he will get louder than me with his 8 "Xtreme" audio 12's. well i told him in his dreams unless he tuned it to 40 some odd Hz. well he is claiming he will hit 152dB on the new soundlab mics (well he doesnt even know what the differnece is but he says on the ISCA certified mics up at sound citation) so either sound citation will be fucking with their mics, tuning to high 30's low 40's, or thoes POS xtreme audio 12s are so shitty after all.... he says he will klober my 18 in SPL and SQ.... i laughed and walked away. he is one of thoes fags that says they are going to get something but never does (like once he told me he was going to get 4 MTX 9500 15's....) but never does and when he actually does get something he never shuts up about it... well not that that had anything to do with enclosures in beds but anyway.... im dont bitching...
Yeah, I am not really a fan of the Xtreme stuff personally. I mean, they are better than those other cracker jack crap at the chain stores but that's about it. Of course for $35 for a 12" what would you expect? They are decent starter systems but there's no way I'd put the time and money to lay out 8 of those subs!!!
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #18
germanyt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadSonoma
I have a '95 gmc sonoma, extended cab. Right now I have to 12 inch kenwoods in my back seat and they really bump, but now I'm looking to go bigger and better. So what I want to do is put the subs in the bed of my truck. I'm either looking to get 4 12's or 2 15's. So my question is, which is better, and what brands are good? Then I am going to build a custom box, and build it into my bed so you have to pull the speakers to get the box out, so it won't get stolen as easily. So what type of box should I build, sealed, ported, or bandpass? Then I was wondering if I could go with a snap tonneau cover or should I buy a hard fiberglass bed cap? Thanks for your guy's help.

im not too sure about what kind of bed cover to you but i will ask you to hold off on buying your subs until you have checked out the JL 12" w3. i have a buddy that was able to fit 3 of them in the back of his Dakota extended cab. and he didnt have to cut into his bed. trust me when i say that this was one of the best sounding systems ive ever heard. he ran a sealed box subs forward, not up, in a semi triangle pattern. i am not sure the specifics on the amp. i know he is running phoenix gold. this would be quite an expensive system. but that is what going bigger and better is all about
germanyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #19
germanyt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

lol

tell your friend to get some new shit. 8 12s should be going to nationals. not hitting 152, im hitting 150 with (2)Punch P3 12s in the trunk of a 4 door grand prix. who knows how much im losing from the trunk to the passenger seat. probably hitting 160 or higher coming out of the vent.
germanyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #20
CBFryman
Banned

lol....no comment....yes his woofers (and whole set up) are shit....but if he is hitting 152 (which he isnt) that is no small feat. especially in a box tuned to 34Hz....
Old 03-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #21
CBFryman
Banned

oh ya.... he got it all finished yesterday and i went out and looked at it...it is loud no doubt...but nowhere near 152...i can still stand it with it all the way up with the doors shut. granted it didnt feel good but i didnt have to plug my ears (dont try that kiddies). and he did set off a few car alarms....but then agian so did another friend of mines set up with 2 W6v2 12's in a sealed enclsore. once i get my 18, if it DOESNT set off car alarms with only one BX1800 i will sell it and disown RE....
Old 03-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #22
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Subs in my BED

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanyt
tell your friend to get some new shit. 8 12s should be going to nationals. not hitting 152, im hitting 150 with (2)Punch P3 12s in the trunk of a 4 door grand prix. who knows how much im losing from the trunk to the passenger seat. probably hitting 160 or higher coming out of the vent.
Yeah well most set ups with that many 12's should hit pretty hard but it's all in the build. Not sure where or who was saying that someone was in the 150's with this setup though.

Anyway, just by adding more subs doesn't mean that you will automatically gain SPL. There's many things to consider when trying to build a SPL car. For normal everyday pounding, 2 subs are usually plenty if properly built. Heck, I was able to reach 140's with only 2 10's.
Orion C63 Coax rear

Old 03-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #23
CBFryman
Banned

hehe....140's is more than common with one xxx10.... and 150's with 15 and 18.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #24
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: Re: Subs in my BED

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanyt
No, you are not!

You will hit NO WHERE near that on the TL sensor, period. That score is complete HORSE SHIT, and you suck at life. I HIGHLY doubt you could even hit that on an OLD AC MIC in the port! So quit your bull-shit, it won't fly past me. peace

NG

BTW: I sat in 170.2 dB's on the TL sensor
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:13 AM   #25
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
hehe....140's is more than common with one xxx10.... and 150's with 15 and 18.
How do you know?

NG
Old 03-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #26
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

Fryman: that was a dumbass comment. what the xxx's are hitting is TOTALLY install dependant. I would be pretty damn hard to do a 140 with a single xxx10 in a daily setup...... still wouldn't be easy in an SPL setup. And most daily 15xxx's are not doing 150's....MAYBE mid 140's at the most.....same w/ xxx18's prolly not quite a 150 in most DAILY setups......but then again its all in the install.

germanyt: ur not hittin 150 w/ 2 p3's.....esp. in a trunked car not gunna happen period. No if they were in a wall tued to like 55-60hz (which wouldn't be usable daily) and a shit ton of power then MAYBE I would believe you.
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #27
CBFryman
Banned

i just felt like making them look good, damnit...
pure SPL xxx10 is able to hit 140....not easy, but it has the ability to.... i want to get an XXX10 and put it in a TL tuned to 45Hz then put that in the back of my truck....see what i will do with 2000w...
Old 03-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #28
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

if u want to do this i would actually recommend a bunch of subs instead of just 2 or 4, i think on realm of excursion there is a clip of a guy with a bunch of RE subs in a custom enclosure on his truck bed, go check it out maybe u can get some ideas
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #29
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

I'm not saying the 10xxx can't hit 140, I'm very sure that it can. But it's ludicrous to tout generic over-generalized numbers about a subwoofer. It's stupid, and ignorant. I'm sure i could hit over a 145 with One 10XXX. It's all in the install..

NG
Old 03-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #30
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

All you little people are fun to watch!
Orion C63 Coax rear

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD