Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #31
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Car/audio problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
your telling me you have no idea what an Engine controll unit is?... ya know the little thing that controlls spark timing, fule management, reads signals from the MAF, O2 sensor, throttle position, etc... and adjusts fule pressure and injector rate acourdingly?
just to let you know the carburator is a thing of the past
I have heard of BCM,ECM, and ECU's but never heard of a EMS on a vehicle nor have I ever heard of one shutting down a system as a precautionary measure. Just worked on a $65k Caddy earilier and asked the techs about EMS and none of them knew anything about it. They said any such thing could be a liability issue especially if they decide to "go into protection" as you are driving 80MPH down a 8 lane highway.

They did say that there are "limp modes" that are programs the engine goes into if some sensor fails. Usually this will result in a ck engine light but the vehicle will still run. It may run a little worse since it may not be monitoring all the data but it will run.

BTW, yes I do not all about fule(fuel) magement systems and such. I am in the process of making my old 'Bird into a fuelie. Obviously I need to know about these anyway when doing remote starters.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio