Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Older Vehicles > Scirocco
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 08:37 AM   #1
chall200
AF Newbie

86 16v sunroof leak

Water leaking down (Somewhere) causing the driver's side seatbelt to become wet, as well as water leaking down to the floor behind driver's seat. Have had the sunroof out a few times and checked the drains as well as the drain tray. Drain tray seems to be aligned right and the drains (front and back) seem to be clear. Wondering where the rain water is leaking down through?
chall200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
boschmann
AF Fanatic

Re: 86 16v sunroof leak

How is the weatherstrip around the door & on the body above the door. They commonly deteriorate.
boschmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:04 AM   #3
chall200
AF Newbie

Weather stipping is good. Can't figure it out. My friend who has an '88 had the same problem but he doesn't know how he fixed it. Said he had his sunroof in and out about 25 times. Seems to only leak when the car is level or ass end slightly on the decline. If I keep the car with the nose slightly on the decline it doesn't leak.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:34 AM   #4
boschmann
AF Fanatic

It sounds like the rear sunroof drains are clogged.
boschmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #5
deletedalien
AF Newbie

Actually the rear drains are clogged it happened to me once and it happened to a friend of mine as well
check the drains inside the rear bumper on the sides there should be a litthe white rubber hose thats about 1/4" and sticks out about 1" with a 45degree angle cut and if you raced trough mud then its definetly glogged and the way to unclogg it is using an old antenna and pressureised water from the inside of the sunrooof to the back untill it comes out trough that little hose (i know its a lot of work to dissasemble the sunroof but what are you gonna do?)
Old 02-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
chall200
AF Newbie

Thanks guys... I finally found that the left rear drain was clogged. That seems like the culprit. Have to wait and see after the next rain storm! Thanks again. Totally forgot about this forum question I posted a while back!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
crazy_dude88
AF Newbie

Hi. I was just wondering if you can help me. My sunroof in my 88 scirocco does not operate, and I cannot find anything to help me or tell me on how to take it out to find out that the problem is. How do you take the sunroof out to service/fix it???????

Ryan
crazy_dude88 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Older Vehicles > Scirocco