Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
ainiguez
AF Newbie

dimmer and "mist" stalk problems

Greetings.
In playing around with the RR ('95 4.0), I dimmed the dashboard lights all the way down, but then I could not get them to "undim" or brighten up again. The mechanic told me it was probably the switch on the stalk that had gone bad.
I tried holding the switch in the bright position for a long period of time, spraying WD-40 into the switch, in short, all I could think of, all to no avail. I finally bought (on eBay) another stalk and installed just today (1/28), thinking that would solve the problem, but it did nothing. Everything that worked before still works and everything that didn't still doesn't.
This points to some sort of wiring or electrical problem, I think. Any suggestions?
The other stalk (wipers) was also malfunctioninig in that the "mist" function didn't work, while everything else seemed to. I also changed that stalk and same as above, what worked before still works and what didn't still doesn't. Again, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
ainiguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #2
cane1
AF Newbie

Cool Re: dimmer and "mist" stalk problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainiguez
Greetings.
In playing around with the RR ('95 4.0), I dimmed the dashboard lights all the way down, but then I could not get them to "undim" or brighten up again. The mechanic told me it was probably the switch on the stalk that had gone bad.
I tried holding the switch in the bright position for a long period of time, spraying WD-40 into the switch, in short, all I could think of, all to no avail. I finally bought (on eBay) another stalk and installed just today (1/28), thinking that would solve the problem, but it did nothing. Everything that worked before still works and everything that didn't still doesn't.
This points to some sort of wiring or electrical problem, I think. Any suggestions?
The other stalk (wipers) was also malfunctioninig in that the "mist" function didn't work, while everything else seemed to. I also changed that stalk and same as above, what worked before still works and what didn't still doesn't. Again, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

HAVE YOU CORRECTED THESE FAULTS YET? IF NOT I COULD OFFER SOME INSIGHT.
cane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #3
ainiguez
AF Newbie

Re: dimmer and "mist" stalk problems

Sorry for the delay. There hadn't been much action in these forums and I hadn't checked back.

One of the problems (the "mist" function) went away on its own after checking by the mechanic. He admits he has no idea why the thing now works. The dimmer still doesn't work and we have tried just about anything that we can think of.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
ainiguez is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque