Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
jinny1866
AF Newbie

Phone mast,s !!!

can anyone help with this problem. My 1996 2.5 DSE auto is having problems with engine disabled when parked near a telecomunication mast. The only solution to date is to be towed away out of range. I cant unlock the door with the remote and have to key code every time. The problem seems to be getting worse and I am afraid to park anywhere unless I can be towed easy. Has anyone else had this problem?
jinny1866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
AndrewP38
AF Newbie

Re: Phone mast,s !!!

Hi,
This was quite a common problem when the P38 was first produced and several fixes have been provided. I believe that Part ref. ASR1953 at £110 GB may solve this problem. My battery continually lost charge if the vehicle was not driven. Fitting this part , located below the off side rear shelf (in the boot) cured my problem (different electrical equipment on the same frequency affect the electronics, in my case the computer, instead of shutting down (sleeping) was woken by spurious interference and drained the battery. This is a well known problem and a franchised dealer should be well aware of this. Check with the workshop supervisor of service staff. The stores chaps are always a great source of knowledge.
Hope this helps. Andrew
AndrewP38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 AM   #3
jinny1866
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Phone mast,s !!!

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I will get onto this right away. At least I now know its not my doing!!
Jinny.
jinny1866 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque