Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
ladagosta
AF Regular

transmission in stalled car wont start ???? wtf

anyone have any idea where to go from here.. I had to replace the battery and had the starter tested .. both of them are good.. lights go on .. solid . fuel engages you can hear the pump .. just nothing from this point forward dies not turn.. any ideas

ok before too many read this and pass it up.. here maybe a hint as to what happend.. when i removed transmission the bolt on the steering column was stuck and pulled on the column.. possibily I damaged the ignition switch??? I am thinking that might be what is causing it not to start.. I will try to get an igniition switch out of u pull it tomorrow.. I am thinking that is the only thing I had trouble with on removal and install.. I hope this is it .. any comments what do you think ?? sound like I am on the right track.. the column was pulled out of place and a friend of mine warned me to make certain I had that all lined up .. which I havent really thought about until just a few minutes ago... think i better mess with that area a bit more to figure out what i might have goofed up there..
ladagosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
danielsatur
AF Enthusiast

Re: transmission in stalled car wont start ???? wtf

See if there's a missing ground wire from the engine/transmission bolt mount to the fire wall.
danielsatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
ladagosta
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsatur View Post
See if there's a missing ground wire from the engine/transmission bolt mount to the fire wall.
Thankx for the reply.. Daniel
Nope I double checked those .. figured I may have over looked them but they were snug and not over looked.. there is one under the battery to the transmission.. and one on the battery bracket under the battery I have them both tightened down.. I still think I goofed on the steering column.. not sure what or how but I have to try to reseat that in and hope i didnt blow something on that I am almost certain.. I looked and stared at this thing from under neath and above today and my focus was around the engine.. tonight when i got home and started posting it dawned on me that the steering column was an issue..when removing it.. so i am going to go back tot hat area and see what i may have screwed up there.. any ideas around there that i may have screwed up ..?? I know i had an unusual time trying to loosen it up and really put a great deal of pressure and strain on it.. so i kinda lean toward that being the area of my concern... I went over almost every lead and connection and double tracked tehm all are clean and tight.. so I am gonna bet it is at the base of the steering column... anyone else think it may be somethign there or somewhere else>?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
ladagosta
AF Regular

well i did resolve this a while ago but i have a new issue will post new thread... the resolve on this was the neutral safety was bad and replaced that and she fires up now for the next issue.. the way I identified this was to turn the key on to access.. if you get no warning lights that means your neutral safety is faulty we replaced that and she fired up fine.. moving on..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour