Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > 155
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Bealzbob
AF Newbie

All 155 information needed please :)

Hi there,
I've just bought a 1997 Alfa 155 1.8 T-Spark 16V. I just want to know if anyone has any interesting information about them. I dont mean specs, I mean personal stories about owning one.

Im looking for things to look out for. Things that go wrong. I hear the electric windows are troublesome.

Are timing belts a problem to replace, are they hard to access. Same for sparkplugs. I know they're expensive but are they easy to put in.

What about service charges ? Will Alfa make you pay through the nose ?

Well any info would be greatly appreciated as I start on my new Alfa journey

I just dont want to be TOO wet behind the ears if something happens that everyone else knows about and not me
Bealzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

My mother had a 155 2.0 TWS 150 Super. It was a nice car with a extraordinary motor. Not very comfortable but with a very good handling. Alas, it was difficult to sell it (reputation of bad reliability and of costly cars what is not really true) so we bought a 406 coupé, a wonderfull car, far more easyer to sell than a 156 that we wanted.

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #3
155er
AF Newbie

Hi there, 155's have a couple of things to watch for but nothing more than any other car. Wishbone bushes tend to go yearly if you intend on keeping the car then go for poly bushes, cam variator can make the engine sound like a diesel when started from cold not a performance difference when this happens just annoying to do this you need to take the cam shaft off as its bolted on the end of it. Do not attempt to do the cam belt without the special cam locking tool as you WILL bend the valves , its got something to do with the verniers having infinate adjustment or some crap like that. Great car will go on for ever if you treat it right oh and if you do the cambelt and variator do the tensioner as are known to fail for no reason. hope this all helps rather than put you off the ups far outway the downs.
155er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
Thrash Me 155
AF Newbie

Re: All 155 information needed please :)

hey dude good luck with the new 155 erm i have had my 155 for six mounths now i had to replace the gear box and i now have injection malfunction light come on and the cent of petrol around the car , if ya gear box gets even the littlist bit stiff get it chect if i had done that i would not of had to change the hole thing but other than that its a lovely car to drive and look at oh just remembered occationaly listen to back suspention my friend had his go it started with a faint clicking noise then 2 months l8ter it went completely any way take care and enjoy your ride they are in a class of there own
Thrash Me 155 is offline   Reply With Quote