Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
s2002h69
AF Newbie

Thinking of a Frontier

Hello,

I am considering a Frontier, maybe new or a few years back. Wanted to get some input from Frontier owners on how you feel about the truck. Anytype of information would be appreciated whether or not you love it or hate it.

Thanks
s2002h69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
LotusLoverct
AF Newbie

Re: Thinking of a Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2002h69
Hello,

I am considering a Frontier, maybe new or a few years back. Wanted to get some input from Frontier owners on how you feel about the truck. Anytype of information would be appreciated whether or not you love it or hate it.

Thanks
My advice would be to look elsewhere. I have a 2004 Frontier that was bought new and I do not like it. I feel it is underpowered and slow. There is also a problem with the air conditioner that the dealer tells me is something that cannot be changed as that is the way Nissan designed it. When I turn on the defroster it activates the air conditioner which is fine. The problem kicks in when the defroster is switched off. The air conditioner DOES NOT SHUT OFF and continues to run. It will continue to run until the engine is switched off and turned on again. This means that you might as well keep the defroster on all the time you are driving even though it is no longer necessary. You cannot cycle between on and off as there is no purpose: the air conditioner is going to continue to run no matter what you do with the defroster switch. This is hell on gas mileage. My advice: buy a Toyota and stay away from the Nissan. We have a Frontier and an Altima and have the same problem with both. We cannot wait until we can get rid of them.
LotusLoverct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
newcastlenissan
AF Newbie

on the other end, there pretty wicked looking trucks, and i disagree with them being underpowered, the supercharged models haul, and feel great. The ac problem does suck though, but every car has its glitches
newcastlenissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
nismo_pilot
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nismo_pilot

there is a writeup on b15sentra.net that fixes the auto-on air conditioner thing, you splice a few wires and such it doesnt really take too long and it will allow your air conditioner to come on only when you need it..... ill link the thread if i can find it
nismo_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
nismo_pilot
AF Enthusiast

Old 02-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
nismo_pilot
AF Enthusiast

heres a link to a writeup from some of our own xterra guys, may need some sort of adaptation to work on the frontier but here you go

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t3018.html
Old 02-10-2006, 12:40 AM   #7
igbar
AF Newbie

Well, first of all you gotta think about what you're going to use it for and see if there are other trucks that do what you want, but better. Hauling capacatiy and price also work its way into it.

I wanted to get an '05 Tacoma because they look pretty badass but the dealers didn't want to give me the price I wanted. The Nissan guys here gave me a smokin' deal on the '05 SE KingCab with the most horsepower in its class for a v6. I think I came out on top. I still like the Tacomas but I'm glad I got my Frontier. It looks way meaner than the Toys anyway and the Frontier has 4 wheel disc brakes whereas the Toys have drums in the rear (fyi).

I don't really like the 4 door Frontiers because they have a short bed and it looks kinda' like you couldn't use the bed for much more than camping equipment or bikes (the bed extender helps a little but the bed is still short). But then again if you're looking for a hauler then you should get a full size Titan or F150 or something like that.

good luck
igbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #8
s2002h69
AF Newbie

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the information.
s2002h69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara