Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #16
ILUVMYX
AF Newbie

Re: Saw new Xterra, not really impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance3113f
i also am not impressed with the new xterra. the body styling to me lookes alittle to much like the titan. a mid-sized SUV trying to look like a full sized one. a couple of things i do like , on the offroad one, is the hill break, looking rear end, they went to disks all the way around, and i believe they got rid of the natoriously bad steering system and went back to a rack, the bigger engine is also nice...but at the cost for an 05 xterra, i would just spring for the pathfinder
I'm so confused by the logic... You don't like the way it looks... that's cool. But you go through a long list of improvements over the old generation then complain about the price. In spite of the improvements, the price for the average '05 is no worse than the previous generation--my '05 only cost me $300 more than my '01 did. When you take in to account the improvements, the new one is actually a much better value. And to mention the Pathfinder... well, the cheapest Pathfinder is more expensive than the most expensive X.

To make a generalization... it seems that the people who come up with the worst arguments against the new X are the ones who have the '03s and '04s and are the least likely to make the trade because theirs are just too new.

I did make the trade, and in spite of the fact that I'm not totally crazy about how it looks, I could sure never walk away from the trade because of price! If you're willing to walk away from the new X based on price, you SHOULD have walked away from your first generation X for the same reason.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #17
lance3113f
AF Newbie

Angry

im not saying the new one is a peice or the price is outrageous... what i am saying is that i do like the improvements that where made, but prefer the older bodystyle... so sorry i made a post that made you feel like you had to "generalize", and/or anylize my feelings towards the new xterra... and as for the price difference between the xterra and the pathfinder... your right, the pathfinder is more money, but back when i bought my x in 2001 the price difference between the xterra and pathfinder was greater than it is today (atleast were i live)
lance3113f is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail