Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
cappari
AF Newbie

Question What are the best tires?

Hi everyone!

I am conducting a survey for school about which attributes customers value the most when buying tires. I would really appreciate all answers regarding the picture above!

It would also be a great help if you told why you chose a certain option.

Thank you for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: png Which_tires_would_you_choose.png (133.0 KB, 3 views)
cappari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:46 PM   #2
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Re: What are the best tires?

cappari.. Welcome (Tervetuloa) to Automotive Forums.. this is kind of vague for survey..
especially from someone in Espoo.. i live in colorado, in the Rocky Mountains, above 9000ft.. so, while not the Gulf of Bothnia, our temps stay below freezing for almost nine months; with or without wind chill, and with 0-3feet of snow/ice.. and our roads are less than 30% pavement, and even those are pitted.. so with that knowledge, AND knowing that i love to not slide off the road (while driving the speed limit or above):
HAKAPELIITTA of course..
and in the 2-3 months that pretend to be summer, i might leave the snow/ice tires on the wagon, for the harder rubber, and sacrifice a minute amopunt of mpg..
but on the sport truck or race coupe' i might switch to
Firestone Indy 500/Firehawks; so as to stick the corner at 70mph with a comfortable ride as a bonus..
many people in America have no problem spending 600-1000 dollars plus on a set of tires; to "fit" their custom driving habit, style, and road (or off-road) use..

but to answer your question (for school); i would almost always go with in order:
6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 1; with (if you had an) Option 7: ALL-HIGH as first choice..

Also, with the knowledge that many manufacturers might raise their pricing (due to the EverGiven/Suez incident), people in America might just start buying Cooper, BFGoodrich, and Goodyear which might not be the best/choice for their vehicle (or them, personally), but since manufactured in USA will probably be cheaper than Nippon, Toyo, and others that utilize this shipping area..

hope this helps (and wasn't too verbose).. but still,
...winter is coming... HAKKA!
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:46 AM   #3
cappari
AF Newbie

Hi ctesla and thank you for your answer, I totally get it!

I see you have high preferences and you would be willing to pay higher price of for high-end product.

It's also interesting how customer needs vary in the US as the driving circumstances varies too.

Thank you for your answer again, and amazing arguments!
cappari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:56 AM   #4
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappari View Post
Hi ctesla and thank you for your answer, I totally get it!

I see you have high preferences and you would be willing to pay higher price of for high-end product.

It's also interesting how customer needs vary in the US as the driving circumstances varies too.

Thank you for your answer again, and amazing arguments!
no problem.. hope it's warming up there.. waiting to swap the ice tires off; maybe next month..
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
choosigone , preferences , tires , whatyouchoose
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons