Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
Doze27
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Doze27 Send a message via Yahoo to Doze27
Should I get a camber Kit???

I have a 240sx and just bought some Dropzone springs( dropping the car 2 inches), would the camber kit make a huge difference??? And if so..what brand should i look for????
Thanx guys!!!
Doze27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Should I get a camber Kit???

Camber adjusts more on the rear of 240s than the front. What you'll be looking for is a Rear Upper Control Arm (RUCA). If it turns out you need Camber correction in the front Camber Plates from Cusco or SPL will work.

Cusco, Kazama, SPL, and Battle Version all make good RUCAs
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

i bought some stupid camber adjusters for the front of my 240sx and they are just bolts with a cam lobe on them that replace the top bolt on the macpherson strut on each side. they work great and were super super easy to install.

camber adjusters only are necessary if you are worried about tire wear vs. handling. its very hard to accurately adjust camber without some expensive equipment so be prepared to find a shop that knows what their doing to align your car if you do choose to buy a camber kit. dont just take it to pep boys or something because even if they agree to do it, they will probably fuck something up and make it worse.
if you dont want to have it aligned you can try just setting the camber and driving for a while and look at your tire wear to see if your wheels need more or less camber. this method is better only if you are correcting your camber to help your tire wear.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

oh yeah i forgot what brand those camber adjusters were but they cost like 25 bucks for both sides... waaaaay cheaper than camber plates

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Tire wear will sneak up and bite you in the ass if you have too much camber. Its kinda like walking on the edge of your feet, they will get sore faster. Another way to think of it is the bed of nails. How can a person lay on a bed of nails? Power in numbers. A large contact patch takes pressure off each contact point. How does this relate to tires? Having the entire tire contact the ground makes for slow wear on the entire surface of the tire rather than all of that wear put into one point. You also have to think that the entire weight of that corner of the car is going on one side of your tire. You are sanding with the edge of a sanding brick. The edge will wear out faster than if you were to use the enitire surface of the brick.

And if you like drag racing like I do, you will see the added benefits of a flat tire. Larger contact patch is always better.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX